[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it recommended to read multiple books simultaneously or is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Is it recommended to read multiple books simultaneously or is it better to stick to one and get done with it?

What are you reading habits like?
>>
>>8233080
One book at a time for me. If its a good book then Im invested in the characters
>>
>>8233100
> If its a good book then Im invested in the characters
plebsaurus
>>
>>8233080
I don't see the point of reading multiple books at once unless one is particularly long and you want to take a break from it.
>>
>>8233080
I alternate between my e-book and my physical library. There's nothing wrong with it. It's like watching 2 TV shows at the same time.

But no more than 2 books at the same time that's for sure.
>>
I have upwards of 4-5 going at one time because i kinda like the chaos of juggling the books and seeing if they reall can keep me hooked. If you can't remember it, it's probably not the best
>>
>>8233207
I pretty much do this too. If I'm into poetry or something, then I'm reading many different things at once, some longer breaks from other books etc.
>>
>>8233202
I usually juggle two or three of very different types. For instance, I'm currently reading The Clockwork Universe (non-fiction work about the origins of the modern understanding of the universe), Idllys of the King and a Selection of Poems by Aflred, Lord Tennyson, and just finished Steinbeck's To a God Unknown (will probably start his The Long Valley or else maybe James Hilton's Goodbye, Mr. Chips today or tomorrow).

In general I am almost always reading something non-fiction and something fiction (whether a novel or play or collection of short stories or plays), and a lot of the time a collection of poetry, too. I do this because I like variety. It mathematically doesn't make sense, but I feel like I can get more read in a given amount of time this way.
>>
>>8233245
Yeah, mixing fiction with non-fiction makes sense, I just don't like mixing fiction with fiction, especially if it's a long series with a lot of characters, I just prefer to be done with it before I forget about who's who.
>>
>>8233080
One fiction and one nonfiction. Usually alternating chapters. Try to create interesting blends of topics.
>>
I just read whatever the hell I'm in the mood for. I have no attachment to completion.
What this has lead to is mainly reading essays, plays, and poetry. This has been my favorite phase.
I will read a novel if I find one particularly poetic however. Ones that come to mind are Finnegans Wake, Larva, and The Tunnel. If anyone can pass off something like that, I'd appreciate the rec.
>>
>>8233212
This is me too. The chaos is stimulating

I focus on just picking books I'm really excited about. If a books not exciting I'll naturally not read it and pick the other 3-4 books before it
>>
>>8233100
>>8233109
>enjoying what you read

pleb
>>
I like to read four at once:
>one fiction
>one collection of poetry, short stories, or essays
>one philosophy
>one social science or history
I get kind of bored reading the same thing every day.
>>
>>8233326
That's a nice meme. Mind if I paste into my copypasta document?
>>
>>8233331
That's a nice meme. Mind if I paste into my copypasta document?
>>
>>8233265
who cares if you mix characters?

don't you think it will be more fun if you started to mix the characters?
>>
>>8233333
this is a nice use of quints.
>chek'd and rek'd
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.