[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a great idea for a screenplay >no clue how to write

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1459095278402.jpg (3MB, 3600x5400px) Image search: [Google]
1459095278402.jpg
3MB, 3600x5400px
>have a great idea for a screenplay
>no clue how to write

this idea is going to go to waste. how long does it take to learn how to write ?
>>
>>8230516
5-50 years depending on how much talent you have.
>>
As long as you let it
>>
couple weeks
>>
>>8230516
>>have a great idea for a screenplay

no you don't.
>>
>>8230537
i do tho
>>
>>8230516
>>have a great idea for a screenplay
>>no clue how to write
I wouldn't pursue it; anyone can come up with a ''''''good'''''' ''''''idea'''''' which he cannot write. That's exactly why you can't copyright an idea, but only a finished screenplay.

''I have an idea'' literally means ''I've got nothing'' in screenwriting.
>>
>>8230553

>''I have an idea'' literally means ''I've got nothing'' in screenwriting.

Quite the opposite actually. Movie execs will listen to a pitch of an idea and then hire you to write it if it's good.
>>
>>8231225
no they'll hire you to write it if they think people will watch it
>>
>>8230516
Ballsack was fucking crazy, Jesus.
>>
>>8231250
edging is powerful stuff
>>
>>8231225
>Quite the opposite actually.
I didn't ask you you fucking turbopleb lmao. >automatically implying that you know better than I do, and you don't even know anything about me personally

>Movie execs will listen to a pitch of an idea and then hire you to write it if it's good.
Movie execs will kick your ass out and put your name in a black notebook so that you never work in the city again faster than you can say "pitch", if they find that you're a loser with zero writing experience who has no idea what he's doing, but this one time he got high and like got munchies, and like when he opened the bag of cheetos to soothe the munchies, like he got this crazy idea for a movie where like what if every person on the planet was a cheetos.

literally being this delusional about Hollywood's good faith to fund you while you attempt to write your debut masterpiece screenplay, just to see if maybe you could personally try to take a shot at screenwriting lmao
a fucking tooth fairy this Hollywood person
>>
>>8230516
There is no such thing as a great initial idea. The final product, no matter what field, is always vastly different to the original idea.
>>
>find your voice
>translate it to a medium
>???
>profit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.