[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all the meme novels which one is the friendliest to people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 300px-The_Tunnel(pic).jpg (40KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
300px-The_Tunnel(pic).jpg
40KB, 300x457px
Out of all the meme novels which one is the friendliest to people who have never read anything supper long?
>>
>>8225036
Infinite Jest because it's the easiest one.
>>
Personally I found 2666 the most purely readable
>>
>>8225036
Infinite Jest and 2666. The Tunnel is the least friendly of all of them.
>>
2666 is easiest to read.
>>
>>8225056
Good to know. I'll go with 2666. Thanks guys.
>>
>>8225056
what makes it so unfriendly?
>>
>>8225170
Someone here recently said that if you don't know about the western history of philosophy it can be hard.
>>
>>8225274
That is complete bullshit
>>
the recognitions. it's fairly short and easy to read
>>
>>8225036
Ulysses imo
>>
>>8225170
To understand a lot of it, the reader needs to be knowledgeable about a lot of subjects, including philosophy, poetry and prose, and history; thick-skinned and not easily spooked; willing to read and figure out seemingly incomprehensible writing; and okay with the fact that it is largely plotless and, instead, focuses more on themes, motifs, metaphors, and, beyond all else, the fascism of the heart.
>>
Has anyone read 2666 in Spanish? I really want to but dont know if it's worth it or not since I'm still only at the intermediate-high level.
>>
>>8225482
lmao thats gay as fuck
>>
>>8225485
read the first part and see for your self. It's the least complicates in terms of prose and plot.
>>
>>8225482
The fuck is "fascism of the heart"
>>
File: IMG_20160611_120127970.jpg (3MB, 5248x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160611_120127970.jpg
3MB, 5248x2952px
>>8225170
Gass in interviews stated that the first ~90 pages are designed to be a test, that a reader that gets into it is "ready and deserves to be there". It's also possible he wanted the reader to have multiple false starts, just like the tunnel itself.
>>
>>8225528
>>8225482
Bookwormers meme'n hard in here. Say something original
>>
File: memeland.jpg (188KB, 1017x688px)
memeland.jpg
188KB, 1017x688px
>>8225341
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.