[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man is this book ever boring. I got to page 25 or something after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: o-THE-BELL-JAR-facebook.jpg (149KB, 1536x2304px) Image search: [Google]
o-THE-BELL-JAR-facebook.jpg
149KB, 1536x2304px
Man is this book ever boring. I got to page 25 or something after she ditches the party to hang out with that guy that her friend she was out with for the night took her friend and she just fell asleep on the floor. Fucking, do I just suck at reading or something? I literally can't will myself to read another paragraph of this book, I just can't do it.
>>
>>8207469
>do I just suck at reading or something?
Yes.
>>
>>8207469
>I literally can't will myself to read another paragraph of this book, I just can't do it.
Then don't.
>>
>>8207469
another great blog post
>>
>>8207493
Is man ever so cynical?
>>
>>8207469
what are you looking for? comfort in the knowledge that other people also don't like this book? to be convinced that it's good?

plenty of people like it and plenty of people don't. read it or don't. we don't need a post for each anon's up/down opinion

fuck
>>
>>8207639
Um dude I'm talking about the bell jar.

Also uh... oh wait nevermind.
>>
The first 50 pages is a bland female catcher in the rye and the rest is a descent into madness and misery.
>>
>>8207686
I would agree with this notion. You haven't even got to the really messed up parts OP, just keep reading. I didn't really expect to like this book when I read it, thinking that Plath was just a modernist John Green, but came out quite liking it.
>>
>>8207686
>>8207733
first 50 are good, sets everything up and the tone, societal pressures, E's ambitions
>>8207733
>thinking that Plath was just a modernist John Green
>wut
>ever being this dumb
read here less, read actual books more and form your own opinions
>>
>>8207469
I think maybe you aren't appreciating the way that a female sees the world. That's what stuck out to me in the first part of the book, she very well describes what it's like to be a woman/girl. Which, for a guy, is a pretty startling feeling to be inside the mind of a woman. I mean, do you pay that much attention to clothes? Do you have that much sensitivity towards the other girls/guys around you? You probably aren't sucking at reading, just suffering from insensitivity and lack of empathy. Probably also some impatience or lack of attention span, but that's normal. The Bell Jar is written so well though that you should at least (IMO) be taking respect for the clarity of the prose.
>>
>>8208065
Well, to be honest I really liked it through the part of the bar, because I remember after I was done reading that up to the part that she was in the hotel I actually felt like I was just there with her and I sort of felt my own mind sort of emulating the preeminent unraveling of her mind that I could almost feel taking place. I actually didn't remember myself feeling that until you mentioned it, but yeah I think that in some aspects the book is really good. Then it gets to these fucking dry parts where she is just describing what she and everyone else around her is wearing and the food and stuff and I'm like please, just get to the fucking point.
>>
File: 1466228480341.gif (901KB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
1466228480341.gif
901KB, 500x228px
>>8208154
But for where you are in the book, that is the point.
>>
book is gr8 i read it pretty quickly. gets much better when she leaves new york halfway in or so
>>
It's a ridiculous story about a selfish shallow bitch who sucks and is boring and plain looking.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.