[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've never read a collection of poetry before and I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: prefacelondonreprintE.jpg (2MB, 1678x2542px) Image search: [Google]
prefacelondonreprintE.jpg
2MB, 1678x2542px
So I've never read a collection of poetry before and I am seeking to get into poetry. This is a good place to start? I've checked the wiki and have no idea where to begin. Recommendations for books and authors to start from would be appreciated. Thanks.
>>
File: Coneyislandmind.jpg (26KB, 220x337px) Image search: [Google]
Coneyislandmind.jpg
26KB, 220x337px
A Coney Island of the Mind - Lawrence Ferlinghetti
>>
>>8207390
I'll check it out, thanks.
>>
>>8207349
4chanlit.wikia.com/poetry
>>
Whitman's great but honestly no. Get a nice anthology and then pursue the poets that pop out to you.
>>
>>8207679
Any anthologies you'd recommend?
>>
I'm gonna disagree with the previous poster and say go ahead and start with Whitman. It's easy and you sink into it pretty quickly, or at least I did, and it should persuade you to get into more poetry.
>>
>>8207725
I'll read some Whitman then, thank you.
>>
>>8207687
Read the fucking wiki you retarded cock sucker >>8207667
It's not the page you read
>>
>>8207349
Whitman is great in small doses, imo. I agree that poetry anthologies might be the way to go.

So, reccing:

Treasury of American Poetry - Nancy Sullivan
Contemporary American Poetry 8th Ed. - A. Poulin
A Book of Luminous Things - Czesław Miłosz

That should be a good start. If you like old school poetry, the first rec is the way to go, and you can sometimes find it cheap at B&N in the bargain section. I think they publish a version of it too, iirc
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.