[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next year i'm majoring English Literature in uni, what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: wOX9sRm.jpg (1021KB, 4250x2390px) Image search: [Google]
wOX9sRm.jpg
1021KB, 4250x2390px
Next year i'm majoring English Literature in uni, what are some basic literate publications I should start with
Ignore Shakespeare because i won't read that
>>
Nice post, friend
>>
>>8162801
how can a publication be illiterate?
>>
>>8162801
also, since when did Shakespeare write papers on literary criticism
>>
>>8162812
memes for instance are an example of illiterate publications
>>
>>8162801
>majoring english literature
>won't read shakespeare
good luck lmao
>>
>>8162819
:(
idk man he just bores me somehow and i can't seem to get through the first 5 mins read, do i really have to read his stuff ?
>>
>>8162822
idk, do you really have to study literature?
>>
>>8162822
Nah just read Allen Ginsberg and you'll be set forever
>>
>>8162822
Why on earth are you studying English lit if you can't get through 5 minutes of Shakespeare?

Shakespeare is positively gripping compared to many of the other great writers you will likely be forced to read.
>>
>>8162822
this >>8162824
If you can't appreciate shakespeare--and i don't mean to sound condescending--then you're honestly probably not cut out to study literature. Just get a version with ample footnotes to help explain the Victorian English in the plays. You're going to have to read shakespeare in university, it's unavoidable as any English major
>>
>>8162831
>Shakespeare
>Victorian English
>>
>>8162824 I have to, 3rd world country, can speak proper English(sort of) have to go for English lit
>>8162825 idk if u're sarcastic or not, anyhow, where should I start ?
>>8162828 Perhaps there's a different approach to Shakespeare ? idk
>>
>>8162822
>"Muh hip English teacher told me romeo and Juliet is boring. And now I've rationalized never reading Shakespeare"
>>
>>8162822
is this real
>>
>>8162835
Elizabethan, fuck me.
>>
God, kids are fucking stupid.
>>
>>8162839
nah I got no presumption over Shakespeare's stuff
>>8162831 that would help, maybe
>>
>>8162849
Many people are turned off by the older dialect used in Shakespeare's plays, but if you can get past that then Shakespeare is actually quite good.
>>
>>8162801
Just get this XDDDD
>>
File: Shocked.png (551KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shocked.png
551KB, 960x720px
>>8162837
>can speak proper English(sort of)
No, you can't, and apparently you can't read it either
>>
>>8162924
Shit forgot image.
>>
>>8162837
It's an EFL degree? What country? What are you planning to do with it afterwards?

read Shakey you mong
>>
Not reading shakespeare is retarded. Try and understand why he's seen as the literary GOAT by many. Also read Borges, the man will change your life.
>>
>>8162822
you're going to have to take at least one entire class on Shakespeare. Probably more and other classes that will involve at least one of his works. No way to avoid him because he's so important. Probably not the major for you, sorry man. Maybe World lit or American lit would be better? You'll still have to read Shakespeare anyway though
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.