[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why does everyone on this board seem to hate Ayn Rand.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Ayn rand.png (286KB, 250x425px) Image search: [Google]
Ayn rand.png
286KB, 250x425px
So why does everyone on this board seem to hate Ayn Rand.
Genuinely Curious.
>>
>>8161087

because her writing is subpar for literary fiction and her philosophy is subpar for philosophy. she tried to combine both and failed tremendously.

she also makes hilary clinton seem less sociopathic by comparison.
>>
People who like her philosophy tend to be people looking for some kind of modernized Carlylian or Nietzschean great man worship for the post-industrial era (the entrepreneur as opposed to the aristocrat or condottiere). Typically Americans, since that's the one holdout of classical libertarianism left in the world. Classical libertarianism is also a cult strongly encouraged by the larger cult of neoclassical economics, which is the religion of the American plutocratic classes.

And just in general, the American obsession with money and the entrepreneurial spirit doesn't translate well across the Atlantic (see Tocqueville). European economic conservatives tend to be pretty staid by plutocratic standards, interested in protecting their class, but not in selling bombastic "REAGANOMICS SOLVES LITERALLY ALL HUMAN PROBLEMS" Bernaysian propaganda to obese consumerist proles. Carlyle-ly inclined guys over in Europe tend to go for more traditional forms of hero worship.

Her writing isn't great, and the ways in which it is not great are pronounced (giant block monologues), so she's easy to mock. But the books are decently stirring if you are into her shit.

She was also an insane cult-leader herself. Whatever values she represents to the entrepreneur-worshipers, she was just kind of a crazy old cunt, and her philosophical system is child's play compared to the real philosophical titans of the 20th century. It's relatively easy for leftists to mock.
>>
Because she's a woman and 95% of the posters here are men.
>>
File: image_7.jpg (102KB, 956x960px) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
102KB, 956x960px
The only reason one would hate Rand is if he thought the poor and minority groups were intellectually inferior, was economically illiterate and devoid of man's two greatest faculties: logic and reason!

But the enlightened man need not fret. Our Lady Rand provides a lense through which to view objective reality and a lens with which to grab it!
>>
>>8161099
>failed tremendously
>Most successful business men regard her as either an influence or a very inspirational author

Lol, dhe didn't write for NEETS or basement dwellers kiddo.
>>
File: 1460046615063.jpg (68KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460046615063.jpg
68KB, 650x600px
>>8161144

No, she wrote for sociopaths.
>>
no one cares about her outside of US
>>
>>8161144

i know. she wrote for sociopaths.

kiddo.
>>
>>8161087
Because Pynchon made fun of her, and because Bioshock didn't have great gameplay.
>>
File: 1441326380530.png (1MB, 1051x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441326380530.png
1MB, 1051x1080px
BECAUSE THEYRE FUCKING GOMMIES IF IT ISNT BLATANTLY OBVIOUS
>>
>>8161191
kek, this

also telemachus sneezed
>>
>>8161151
>>8161154
>Haha, they're more productive than me so I'll just call them a sociopath! That'll show em! Bernie 2017! Then I'll go to free school online while renting a mansion for cheap because the government funds my life because autism and then I'll be the 1%! Then I will bring down the cis patriarchy and cucking will be mandatory and white men will be abolished, and men will all be forcibly castrated and used for manual labor and we will create XY chromosones in labs and eventually the concept of a sentient man will be a joke. Something the sci-fi shows use as a joke. Get ready rich boy, because your world is about to be shattered.
>>
>>8161547
How many 'scientific' articles have you contributed to red pill threads on Reddit?
>>
It's a fresh new meme that came from Tumblr.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.