[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this still viable? I usually don't read books out of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1750x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1750x3024px
Is this still viable? I usually don't read books out of pleasure, but since I won't do shit this summer I thought about reading some before heading back to college. Which one should I read first? To show you guys what I'm into I can tell you my favorite manga is Berserk
>>
>le god tier shit tier inane garbage
>IS THIS VIABLE GUIZE ? XD
Yeah man the stranger is totally le god tier and Lolita is le shit tier !
>>
>>8156314

That chart was created by one of 4chan's most infamous trolls. He was also very successful considering how often this shit gets passed around today, still.

If you want to get into serious literature, the /lit/ starter kit is a much better selection of books for pleb like you.
>>
If you like anime you should read Gravity's Rainbow
>>
>>8156326
Alright thanks. Weird, even though I'm not into books, many of those on top I already sort of know. Are they really bad? I mean for me to know them must mean they are popular enough to reach us non-readers.

I thought about reading Heart of Dark ess since Apocalypse Now is my fave movie
>>
>>8156340

The books aren't bad. It's the stupid tier ratings that effectively tick people off. And I wouldn't recommend manga pleb like you to get into literature by jumping into War and Peace.
>>
>using rosewood
>having legitimate opinions
only one
>>
Reading Invisible Man made me want to kill myself.
>>
>>8156326
Considering the fanaticisms over Don Quixote on this board, I don;'t think he's trolling
>>
>>8156434
no theres usually one or two obvious misplaces on pics like these that everyone has to respond and point out
>>
>>8156340
It's not that the top books are bad. It's that so many of the books are out of place. Lolita and Ulysses, for example, should be in the god-tier section, while most of the god-tier books should be in the middle-tier, or possibly high-tier section. The Trial should be in high-tier. Hamlet should be in god-tier, and so on.
>>
File: DFW.jpg (150KB, 529x692px) Image search: [Google]
DFW.jpg
150KB, 529x692px
>>8156444
>Lolita
>god-tier

you can't be serious
>>
In my opinion, which I respect, Notes from Underground conveys the feelings of existential angst and ennui better than Crime and Punishment.
>>
>>8156326
this isn't even his version, his was more subtle than this one.
>>
>>8156473
Didn't he put Atlas Shrugged in the god-tier row?
>>
>>8156479
I can't even remember, but probably.
>>
>>8156445
Of course I'm serious. Besides Ulysses I can't think of a single English-language novel that's better written.
>>
>>8156314
Where does Infinite Jest goes?
>>
>>8156314
>>8156326
As far as I know, these are the deliberately misplaced books:
>God Tier - The Stranger, Les Miserables
>High Tier - 1984
>Middle Tier - The Trial, Ulysses, Atlas Shrugged
>Low Tier - Notes from Underground, Hamlet
>Shit Tier - Lolita (memes), Tolkien, Heart of Darkness

This isn't based on actual quality, but on what the board does and does not like in general. For example, Tolkien's "misplaced" because butthurt SFF fans will start shitposting, and Lolita is made of memes. Same with Ulysses being put on the same shelf as Rand.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.