[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"You don't know what you would do in x situation because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 909b.jpg (104KB, 809x620px) Image search: [Google]
909b.jpg
104KB, 809x620px
"You don't know what you would do in x situation because you were never in x situation."

Is this a logical fallacy? Does it have a name?
>>
Empiricism.
>>
>>8155521
You don't know what you would do in x situation even if you were in x situation. You only know what you did do.
>>
>>8155521

It's not a fallacy.

There is no alternative to experience.
>>
>>8155521
>>8155528
You don't even know what you've actually done in x situation even if you were aware of your actions in x situation while you were in it and afterwards. You only know what you know you have done.
>>
>>8155554
You don't know me.
>>
>>8155559
I wouldn't actually know you even if I did have relevant knowledge about you. I'd only know what I knew.
>>
>>8155586
le how do le you know that XDD
>>
It's not a fallacy unless they mean to suggest that you can't have an opinion on the morality of the action taken in that circumstance. If you were saying "I would do x" then they are right, because you cannot be sure that you actually would take the action you think you would.
>>
>>8155595
best response so far
>>
>>8155532
See: >>8155524
>>
>>8155521
its only a logical fallacy if the statement it is trying to refute was prefaced with "for the sake of argument". But if someone is criticizing a soldier for acting cowardly or something then of course its a logical fallacy.
>>
>>8155723
not*. fuck I am drunk
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.