[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I know I'm understanding literature? I'm reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 51GYPR5A4RL.jpg (38KB, 296x475px) Image search: [Google]
51GYPR5A4RL.jpg
38KB, 296x475px
How do I know I'm understanding literature? I'm reading pic related in its original language (I'm a ruski) and I'm halfway through now. It seems very difficult to apply what the underground man was talking about at the beginning to his stories, especially when I can't even be sure that what he is saying isn't all lies or entirely accurate

So far, I'm only getting the idea that he is arguing that the reason he is so neutral and inoffensive is because he find footing in reason to justify really becoming anything. then he is talking about free will bring an illusion regardless because of the "wall" of laws of nature?
>>
When someone tells you.
>>
>>8144003
very funny man.
>>
>>8143998
http://www.shmoop.com/notes-from-underground/

If this isn't all stuff you could figure out by yourself, then you're not understanding it.
>>
>>8143998
>So far, I'm only getting the idea that he is arguing that the reason he is so neutral and inoffensive is because he find footing in reason to justify really becoming anything.
I don't really understand this sentence, which is ok because English isn't your native language. The UGM argues that intelligent men are unable to totally become anything, whether it is completely good or bad, because the overall think everything (like hamlet).
He also argues against western rationalists and utilitarians claiming that there is free will because he can choose to do somethin even though it is against his best interests and reduces utility.
>>
File: image1 (3).jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image1 (3).jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Okay. Serious talk. My class think that I am in Russia. Send me a pic of something Russian related and I will grant you your wish. I have read thousands of pages of Russian literature and so on, but I need you to help me on this one, okay? Greeks? I got you covered. German philosophers who was influenced by Dostojevskij? You are looking for me. Just take a pic of something extremly Russian with th note "3.D" besides it. I will reward you.

Pic related. My greek collection minus obvious texts.
>>
>>8143998
Finish the book first.
the last chapter is a very strong resolution and will probably answer all of your questions
>>
>>8144023
haha wtf did you do to be in that position
>>
>>8144023
Strange request, but i am not at home right now. the only things "Russian" I really have is a somovar and a few old Russian tales for children, neither of which could help whatever your case is
>>
>>8144035
also I am Russian but I live in multicultural fairyland Canada, and as such things like tables and floors that would be in the picture do not resemble anything I had in Moscow or is more common in Russia
>>
>>8144023
have you not photoshop
>>
File: IMG_1667.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1667.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8144030
There is /lit/erally no time to explain! Any slav, any member, any citizen of a Eastern Europe country must, yes, i dare say MUST help me out on this one! I am in dire need! I will do anything! Dispel Wittgenstein, prove that the spooks are objective. Anything!
>>8144035
Something! Help a /lit buddy out
>>
I need to contribute right? I have the complete corespondance between Georg Brandes and Nietzsche. Some of it is concerned with Dostoevsky's works
>>
>>8144072
>all those CatedrĂ¡ editions

I demand a closer picture.
>>
>>8144143
what
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.