[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've seen the movie American Psycho probably a dozen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (5KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 290x174px
So I've seen the movie American Psycho probably a dozen times and don't really feel like reading the book. Is there anything else by him I should check out?
>>
American Psycho is his only good book.
>>
>>8137872
The Rules of Attraction is one of my favorite books. Much better than American Psycho, don't let people who haven't read either fool you.
>>
>>8137872
none of his books are a massive departure in style
>>
>>8137881
Literally this. I found the book to be much more funnier than the movie.
>>
>>8137872
The book is amazing, and it's pretty different from the movie. However, I think if the book doesn't grab you from the first couple of chapters you can probably drop it
>>
>>8137950
>much more funnier
>>
>>8137872
Glamorama is my favorite book
>>
>>8137872

The book is shit but the movie is pretty great.
>>
>>8137872
this big bitch is just mad he was never famous like Wallace. although I liked less than zero
>>
>>8138287
nah, Wallace was so jealous he was never a fraction as famous as Ellis that he an heroed
>>
Novels:
Less Than Zero > American Psycho > Rules Of Attraction

Movies:
Rules Of Attraction > Less Than Zero > American Psycho
>>
Glamorama is a masterful triumph in composition. I can't strictly speak to its literary merits because much like Finnegan's Wake for me, it is simply too dense in its references for me to get through.

Obviously though, the references in glamorama are much more banal than Finnegan's Wake but it's just incredible the sheer will it takes to consistently name-drop that many pop culture, low culture and high culture brands, people and locations.
>>
>>8137898
I thought I was the only one who liked Rules of Attraction that much.
>>
>>8138651
One of my favorite movies and novels
>>
>>8138666
The movie is incredibly underrated because I think mostly people that have an interest in seeing the movie think it is going to be a teen comedy and are disgusted by it while those that would actually have an interest in the content are uninterested in giving it a chance since it looks like a basic teen comedy on the outside.
>>
>>8137872
My favorite Philip Seymour Hoffman book is the Informers, as it is a continuation of LTZ
>>
>>8137872
I read American Psycho on a PDF book website once and really liked it, but I'm not sure if I want a physical copy since most people would probably just see it and think I'm a freak.
>>
>>8138651
It's top 5 all time for me.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.