[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> that encounter with the comanches where only The Kid and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

> that encounter with the comanches where only The Kid and a few others survived
> that encounter with Toadvine and The Kid in the mud
> Toadvine in the hotel
> the Mexican bartender that annoys the Kid

Shit, people weren't kidding about the violence in this, everything is so ugly in this book (and I'm loving it).

It gets worse, huh?
>>
It's a brutal book without being edgy about it. The violence is just part of the environment.

Remind me again, why does Toadvine burn the hotel, some guy stole his horse?

There is also a lot more brutality in the book. Babies getting fucked up and all.
>>
>>8113795
>>8113816
>ITT: Why people on /lit/ are starting to turn against McCarthy
>>
>>8113795
> It gets worse, huh?

Yeah, a lot worse. But don't read it solely for the disturbing violence because you'll probably grow tired of the book if that's all you read it for.
>>
>>8113831
Explain yourself, Monsieur?
>>
I felt the violence was always quickly glossed over. really disappointed. /lit meme'd me. shit book.
>>
Shit book. Never listen to mccarthy shills.
>>
File: The Judge.jpg (111KB, 795x1005px) Image search: [Google]
The Judge.jpg
111KB, 795x1005px
>tfw no judge bf
>>
looks like a fucking YA book lmao
>>
>>8113795
I always think McCarthy is a good example of a writer who achieves downright unlikeable characters that are fascinating. It always bugs me a bit when somebody suggests they can't find a character interesting because they don't like them. Unlikeable characters =/= poorly crafted characters.
>>
File: 1462405982947.jpg (23KB, 368x700px) Image search: [Google]
1462405982947.jpg
23KB, 368x700px
> James Franco is directing this
>>
File: ts.jpg (34KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
ts.jpg
34KB, 349x349px
>>8113884
Not happening although Rusell Crowe, Tye Sheridan and Vince D' Onofrio would have been good cast members.

This kid would have been great as the Kid. He's a competent actor and has a look that isn't too pretty boy Hollywood I could see him play a gormless murderous teenager.
>>
Corncob

Tortillas

Yecarthy
>>
someone post the YouTube review for this book
>>
>>8113920
Why not post the patrician review?

>ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shillelagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.
>>
>>8113920
You mean the one you made?
>>
>>8113926
dude I wish. I'm not that talented/funny or that good looking.
>>
>>8113884
>>8113911
Who do you think should direct instead?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.