[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are /lits thoughts on dianetics? where do I start with scientology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: what-is-dn.jpg (22KB, 439x226px) Image search: [Google]
what-is-dn.jpg
22KB, 439x226px
what are /lits thoughts on dianetics? where do I start with scientology related books? I had a free stress test done by them and they recommend I read their works.
>>
>>8109335
>where do I start
You don't
>>
>>8109344
but how did they know I was stressed?
>>
>>8109335
I really hope you're just memeing. If you were on this site back in 2008 you'd know why.
>>
>>8109497
everyone is

>>8109335
The recent documentary Going Clear is a good place to start anon.

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.
>Response to a question from the audience during a meeting of the Eastern Science Fiction Association on (7 November 1948), as quoted in a 1994 affidavit by Sam Moskowitz.

This statement is similar or identical to several statements Hubbard is reported to have made to various individuals or groups in the 1940s. Variants include:

>The incident is stamped indelibly in my mind because of one statement that Ron Hubbard made. What led him to say what he did I can't recall — but in so many words Hubbard said: "I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is!"
L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd A. Eshbach, in 1949; as quoted by Eshbach in his autobiography Over My Shoulder: Reflections On A Science Fiction Era (1983) ISBN 1-880418-11-8 .
>Y'know, we're all wasting our time writing this hack science fiction! You wanta make real money, you gotta start a religion!
As reported to Mike Jittlov by Theodore Sturgeon as a statement Hubbard made while at the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society clubhouse in the 1940s.
>Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion.
As quoted in the Los Angeles Times (27 August 1978)
>Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion.
As quoted in the article "Scientology: Anatomy of a Frightening Cult" by Eugene H. Methvin. Reader's Digest (May 1980).
>I always knew he was exceedingly anxious to hit big money — he used to say he thought the best way to do it would be to start a cult.
Sam Merwin, Editor of Thrilling Science Fiction magazine Winter of 1946-47; quoted in Bare-Faced Messiah, The True Story of L. Ron Hubbard (1987) by Russell Miller
>Whenever he was talking about being hard up he often used to say that he thought the easiest way to make money would be to start a religion.
Neison Himmel, briefly a roommate of Hubbard in Pasadena during the fall of 1945, in a 1986 interview, quoted in Bare-Faced Messiah, The True Story of L. Ron Hubbard (1987) by Russell Miller.
>>
>>8109640
wait what. wtf is all this man I just want to know how to feel better and happier like they said.
>>
>>8109640
As disgusting as he and his cult are, you have to admit it was a brilliant idea as far as get rich quick scams go. He's right up there with Charles Ponzi and that one guy who kept "selling" the Brooklyn bridge to people.
>>
>>8109664
You realize dianetics is the hook right? Of course you are stressed out. Here are some means to figure your shit out. Here why dont you come to this work group. Here is a community that you can work in. Wait, deviant behavior? We need to audit your past. We wont hold it against you if you tell us about that gay experience you had. Well that was 3/4 of your networth sign here. Hey come on this boat with us: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Org

10 years later

You are an Alien Soul.

>>8109668
I'd say he far surpassed them.
>>
>>8109640
>Benzedrine often helps a case run.
"The Intensive Processing Procedure" (1950); "Run a case" = administer Dianetics or Scientology procedures to someone.
>Scientology is the only specific (cure) for radiation (atomic bomb) burns.
All About Radiation (1952) p. 109.
>It was my responsibility that this world got itself an atom bomb, because there were only a handful of nuclear physicists in the thirties — only a handful. And we were all beating the desk and saying "How wonderful it will be if we discover atomic fission."
Dianetics (1952).
>You are only three or four hours from taking your glasses off for keeps.
"Eyesight and glasses" in Dianetic Auditor's Bulletin Vol. 2, No. 7, (January 1952).
>>
>>8109699
>THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them.
Lecture: "Off the Time Track" (June 1952) as quoted in Journal of Scientology issue 18-G, reprinted in Technical Volumes of Dianetics & Scientology Vol. 1, p. 418.
>Rate of change is this mathematics known as Calculus. … Now I hope you understand this, because I've never been able to make head nor tail of it. It must be some sort of a Black Magic operation, started out by the Luce cult — some immoral people who are operating up in New York City, Rockefeller Plaza — been thoroughly condemned by the whole society. Anyway, their rate-of-change theory — I've never seen any use for that mathematics, by the way — I love that mathematics, because it — I asked an engineer, one time, who was in his 6th year of engineering, if he'd ever used Calculus, and he told me yeah, once, once I did, he said. When did you use it? And he said I used it once. Let me see, what did you use it on? Oh yeah. Something on the rate-of-change of steam particles in boilers. And then we went out and tested it and found the answer was wrong.
Philadelphia Doctorate Course, Tape #58 (November 1952).
>This is useful knowledge. With it the blind again see, the lame walk, the ill recover, the insane become sane and the sane become saner. By its use the thousand abilities Man has sought to recover become his once more.
On Scientology in Scientology: A History Of Man (1952).
>Of all the ills of man which can be successfully processed by Scientology, arthritis ranks near the top. In skilled hands, this ailment, though misunderstood and dreaded in the past, already has begun to become history. Twenty-five hours of Scientology by an auditor who fairly understands how to process arthritis can be said to produce an invariable alleviation of the condition. Some cases, even severe ones, have responded in as little as two hours of processing, according to reports from auditors in the field.
Journal of Scientology Issue 1-G, (1952).
>>
>>8109683
In the long run, yeah. It's mindboggling that a get rich quick scam by a scifi hack could become a "religion" that bilks people for millions. People are just total rubes.
>>
>>8109668
More than that, he's one of the emblematic figures of the modern era. Hubbard, Werner Erhard and a bunch of other Californian druggie gurus played a significant role in shaping the man of the 21st century. Self-help books, the be yourself ideal, lifestyle consumerism and the corporate culture of sillicon valley can all be traced back to the new instruments of control that emerged from the ashes of the 60s counterculture
>>
>>8109716
To be fair, the CIA got the ball rolling with Cointelpro and MKULTRA, so Hubbard et. al don't deserve all the credit for that.
>>
>>8109735
I read pic related (based off congressional hearings). For the most part, as disturbing as it was, the largest side effect was the distribution of LSD to college campuses that trickled down into the student body.
>>
>>8109335
This is one of the most interesting bait threads I've seen, good job anon.
>>
>>8109739
That's only based on what was declassified, what didn't get redacted, and not at all on what they could easily still be up to even now.
>>
>>8109782
possibly, but what was in the hearings was pretty much embarrassing incompetance, which I have no reason to believe does not continue today.

>Spiking fellow agents drinks with special acid which led to his suicide
>using safehouses for parties
>safehouse parties while on duty and observing subjects having sex in sound proofed rooms
>millions and millions paid to canadian university professors to give acid to schizophrenics to mind control them.

I just cant pretend that they were any more competent than they were exposed not to be.
>>
>>8110253
Read Fritz Springmeier.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.