[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“They didn’t have to do that” Is there anything in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: il_fullxfull.775120778_2en7.jpg (573KB, 1039x1216px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.775120778_2en7.jpg
573KB, 1039x1216px
>“They didn’t have to do that”

Is there anything in a creative work that “has” to be done? The favorite thing that analysts love to point out is that “Oh, the blue curtains have to mean something, they didn’t have to make them blue, but they choose to.

Maybe he just needed a color and the first one that popped to mind was blue.

Doesn't mean anything.It didn't "have" to be blue. Just was.
>>
>>8094332
Then why mention they were blue?
>>
>>8094362
DId you skip elementary school writing classes? Books describe people, objects and places. That is their job.
>>
>>8094332
>le blue curtains
Fuck you and this meme.

>>8094379
>That is their job.
How many non-genre fiction books have you read in your life?
>>
>>8094379
Why describe something presumably irrelevant?
>>
>>8094630

Why not?

When you're paid by the word count, every bit counts
>>
>>8094637
But you could fill the word count with any number of things, he still decided to fill the word count with the curtains and decided to make them blue, why?
>>
>>8094637
>When you're paid by the word count,
ie never, unless the writer and publisher are really shitty and shameless
>>
>>8094637
Decent writers cut words to fit a word count, not add useless ones.
>>
File: 1421864394593.jpg (169KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
1421864394593.jpg
169KB, 960x955px
>>8094379
>>8094332
What's the point of your post? Are you angry that symbolism and subtext exist?
>>
>>8094332
i feel like everything should be necessary, but can be repetitive to influence the reader
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.