[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm six chapters in and my shit-tier sense is tingling.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: book-review-life-of-pi-L-vgkVP5.jpg (47KB, 460x710px) Image search: [Google]
book-review-life-of-pi-L-vgkVP5.jpg
47KB, 460x710px
I'm six chapters in and my shit-tier sense is tingling. Am I wrong about this book or should I have already dropped it?
>>
>reading YA poo in loo
Why did you ever picked it.
>>
>>8093368
Because 'The Old Man and the Sea' was already loaned out to someone else.
>>
keep reading. I recommend picking up "Eat, Pray, Love" next
>>
nah, the beginning is the worst part. It's pretty good overall
>>
>>8093359
yeah fuck off anon, life of pi is a good book
on the other hand, you unironically used the phrase "shit tier" so i suspect you don't actually like anything unless it features in a meme
>>
>>8093387
There's actually nothing wrong with using memes.
>>
>>8093387
Are you retarded? How could the sequence “my shit-tier sense” not be ironical?
>>
>>8093359
WATCH THE MOVIE TI IS BETTER
>>
>>8093375

>Gluttony, false idolatry and lust: how one woman banked mad cash selling contrived authenticity and pseudospirituality to white middle-class women
>>
>>8093400
>>>Gluttony, false idolatry and lust
This is exactly what is the woman. she did not dupe anybody. it is you who think that women are not like you describe the book
>>
>>8093398
>>8093387
Ironic use of memes is exactly the same as unironic use of memes. Memes are sort of an irony compressor: when you use them, the irony becomes invisible.
>>
>>8093410
nice meme
>>
>>8093410
“shit-tier” isn't a “meme”. Do you seriously think this expression was created on 4chan in the last decade? It's like flagging “faggot” or “book” as memes because many people here use these words.
>>
>>8093418
I'm pretty sure it was created on 4chan or at least the internet (since 4chan often steals memes from elsewhere) in the last decade actually
>>
Do you guys even meme?
>>
The beginning is the weakest, the narrative is real neat in the middle, but everything is shifted in light of the ending

I won't call it high literature, but it's an incredibly well done story, comparable to The Usual Suspects
>>
>>8093431
So, it's not just me? The beginning really IS shit? Wonderful.

OK, we can close this thread now and end the meme cancer.
>>
File: hi.jpg (69KB, 601x909px) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
69KB, 601x909px
>>8093429
I meme
>>
>>8093418
>>8093422
I have never seen the "...-tier" expression used outside 4chan and various other websites that are in thrall to 4chan (e.g. Reddit).

In the real world, if someone wants to describe something as shit, they just say "it's shit". Nobody bothers saying "it's shit tier".

And >>8093431 is pretty much correct. The beginning of Life of Pi, especially the bit about Pi being so religious that he goes to churches, temples and mosques, even though it is supposed to be satirical, is the worst bit.
>>
>>8093418
Tier lists are a very 4chan thing. They're also dumb and contrived things of which it would take a staggering lack of self awareness to use the phrase to describe literature with.
>>
>>8093479
Not as dumb as green text. I never understood how a board supposedly dedicated to literature could give any credence to users who drop a regular text for a bullet point list with almost no grammar.
>>
>>8093495
okay
>>
>>8093398

>'ironical'

Just read the damn book you fucking retard
>>
File: Homer Simpson.png (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Homer Simpson.png
62KB, 600x600px
Mmmmmm. May-mays. *drools audibly*
>>
>>8093479
MEME TIER LIST

>God Tier
shit tier

>High Tier
God tier, high tier, low tier

>Mid Tier
>Low Tier

>Shit Tier
mid tier
>>
Yann Martel is, in general, an ideas guy that can't string a start-to-end plot together.
>>
Keep going Gaffit, it gets better
>>
>>8095442
This is so meta
>>
>>8093495
>not using Meme Arrows as quoted text markup
>>
>>8093400
>false idolatry
Is there true idolatry?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.