[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More like pic related? Looking for recs outside of the decadents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 476839044.jpg (146KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
476839044.jpg
146KB, 594x396px
More like pic related? Looking for recs outside of the decadents and surrealists, since I already know most of them.
>>
That really doesn't capture how much of a qt Rimjaub was
>>
Augusto dos Anjos.
>>
File: A-Corner-of-the-Table-by--014.jpg (911KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
A-Corner-of-the-Table-by--014.jpg
911KB, 2560x1536px
>>8088877
How about this one, anon?

>>8088895
I can't seem to find his work in English, has it not been translated?
>>
>>8088912
Oh, I thought you were french. You're reading french poetry in translation? That's a shame.
>>
>>8088915
I have bilingual editions, so I'm learning slowly as I read. I could probably work through the French without a translation, but I'd miss quite a bit of nuance.
>>
>>8088918

Have you read Reverdy, Gracq and Jünger?
Which English publisher does bilingual edition?
>>
>>8088926
New Directions does them for Rimbaud and Baudelaire.

I haven't heard of the first two, but it's interesting that you recommend Jünger, since I always had the impression that Storm of Steel was just a standard "war novel". Does he have a particularly interesting perspective on the experience of war?
>>
So you want melancholic/psychotic/depressive

Gota go with Verlaine, he was the craziest of the three.
>>
>>8088918
There are some poems of Anjos translated to french and published into anthologies and reviews. If you want to stick with only english though, I'm sure Camilo Pessanha and Cruz e Sousa have some stuff translated, they're very good too.
>>
File: AVT_Julien-Gracq_8522.jpg (94KB, 347x468px) Image search: [Google]
AVT_Julien-Gracq_8522.jpg
94KB, 347x468px
>>8088958
Reverdy and Gracq are close to the surrealists but they're better imo.
I can't give you very precise advice on what to read by Reverdy because I read him in French, but Plupart du Temps, Sable mouvant and La Liberté des mers are very good if you can find a bilingual edition.
I wasn't thinking about Storm of Steel for Jünger, albeit it's a very good book, but On the marble cliffs might interest you.
Julien Gracq wrote some very interesting books with a very poetic prose such as The Opposite Shore. I'm currently reading A Balcony in the forest in which he writes about his experience of the beginning of the Second World War (called "la drôle de guerre" because nothing was happening on the Franco-German border). It's miles away from any war novel I've read and it's quite interesting and beautiful.
>>
>>8088871
French poetry died with them. You won't find geniuses like them but you still got decent poets like Mallarmé, Valéry, Bonnefoy or Felix Niesche (really obscur, you won't find translations of his works).
>>
>>8088993
Valery is more than just decent m8
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.