[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i was browsing an upcoming christie's auction of rare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (206KB, 808x559px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
206KB, 808x559px
so i was browsing an upcoming christie's auction of rare manuscripts, and as i was scrolling through the lots of patrishness i stop dead in my tracks like wtf is this shit? can one of u genrefags explain me this? they're auctioning like old shit from Edward Gibbon's personal library and like first edition Mark Twain's and shit, and like some personal papers of some 20th century fag like Hemingway or Kerouac or whatever...and then ... this.
>>
>>8039450
If they're all first editions in great condition and 15 of them are signed by the author, they're worth something or will be eventually.

Those books are fairly popular and may be around to stay as YA fiction.
>>
File: got the cash.png (2MB, 1619x885px) Image search: [Google]
got the cash.png
2MB, 1619x885px
Christies sells everything, remember jacques is dead and its one of the most beloved series in england, it might not seem like much but to someone its worth something.

Also

>2-3,000

people buy vases from christies as much as sports cars on a weekly basis m8, its really just a tiny fun little auction piece.

>pic related something a little more valuable from a christies acution.
>>
>>8039471
that shit isn't even a generation old yet, the rest of the auction was old musty shit that will fall apart if u sneeze on it and this shit is like some crap that could have been taken off a barnes and noble shelf a decade ago
>>
>>8039482
i guess, it's just jarring to see fucking mass market paperback genre fic in with old ass leatherbound shit printed in latin and shit
>>
>>8039482
As someone who grew up reading those books I have to say they have at least a lot of sentimental value to wealthy young adult brits
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.