[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://screwplato.wordpress.com/20 10/10/15/ancient-greek-p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 149188-004-E9F3D5B9.jpg (10KB, 306x450px) Image search: [Google]
149188-004-E9F3D5B9.jpg
10KB, 306x450px
https://screwplato.wordpress.com/2010/10/15/ancient-greek-philosophy/

The link says out loud what we all know: that Greek philosophy was a load of assertions that are unfalsifiable and badly argued and generally shitty.

WHY do people pretend that the Munchhausen trilemma doesn't clearly show the triviality of philosophy? You can choose any axioms you fucking want and then make the logical deductions ffs.
>>
>>8026181
I'd like to pretend that the Munchhausen trilemma doesn't clearly show the triviality of philosophy, but I don't know what that means.
>>
>>8026181
>WHY do people pretend that the Munchhausen trilemma doesn't clearly show the triviality of philosophy
Because it's self evident, it's triviality doesn't needs to evidence. Still one of two fields I am interested in and will continue studying until I'm dead. Feels fine man.
>>
>>8026181
The Munchhausen trilemma trivialized the whole pursuit of knowledge, not just philosophy.
>>
>>8026249
>doesn't needs to evidence
fucked that up right well, didn't I?
>>
>>8026259
It may force us to think about what we mean when we say we know something, or what we mean by true, but to say that the trilemma trivializes anything is hyperbolic if not invalid.
>>
>>8026259
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>8026181
well I like to believe that there are certain axioms that we can all agree on
>>
>>8027835
Yes it does, that was its intended purpose, it's just another sceptical argument, like all the others that have been put forward for thousands of years. It also seems like it may be be self-refuting, it's philosophy trying to give us knowledge of us being unable to have knowledge.
>>
>>8026181
>Munchhausen Trilemma
Does anyone have any recommended reading in this direction?
>>
>>8028043
Wikipedia.
>>
File: 1456797502369.jpg (181KB, 452x572px) Image search: [Google]
1456797502369.jpg
181KB, 452x572px
>>8027987
>axioms
>>
>>8026181
>You can choose any axioms you fucking want and then make the logical deductions ffs.
That's how mathematics work.
>>
>>8028062
>muh dialectic
>>
>>8028001
No, it does not. You don't understand how epistemology works.
>>
>>8026181
what's about all this people claiming "omg I ended philosophy"
>>
>>8026181
This is an horrible article. It wasted precious time in my life, I would rather have read Plato instead, but now it's just gone, and I can't retroactively not read it. kys.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.