[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Stanford's English program good as compared to say, Yale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: N2cIW5h2.png (231KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
N2cIW5h2.png
231KB, 1000x1000px
Is Stanford's English program good as compared to say, Yale or Columbia's? Does the predominance of STEMfags make the community significantly less helpful/enlightening to the path of a budding fiction writer?
>>
>>8011779
Also, do any of you guys go here? If so, what are the students like, particularly the English students?
>>
Yale is a joke tier school after all that SJW bullshit on their campus, the education is laughable, if you go to yale for english you will learn more about how shitty negress writers actually wrote shakespeare
>>
>>8011804
That's what I kind of feared, seeing as how bloom hated teaching there so much.
>>
>>8011779
The only helpful info I can offer on this topic is that Stanford's humanities programs have all shrunk drastically since tech became the trendy job market for elite grads. Less than 10% of Stanford students major in any humanities field, while the dual concentration in literature and history is the most popular major at Harvard. Take from that what you will.

>>8011804
They still attract top students and faculty and have money out the ass to support them with. Some of those young students being immature doesn't invalidate that whole institution. I bet you're super smug about going to a state school or being "self educated."
>>
>>8011804
Translation: I have never gone to Yale and I'm talking out of my ass. You can get a world-class education in any kind of literature at Yale.
>>
>>8011804
can you prove any of those assertions? probably not, which is why you'll never be accepted to Yale
>>
Why don't you study abroad instead? If you're dismissing identity politics and looking for the old education thing, go to France.
>>
>>8011933
French academia is full of continental 'philosophers' and SJW obscurantists. Definitely avoid humanities in France.
>>
>>8011943
That's the impression I got.
>>
Berkeley still number 1 in English hehe
>>
I'm an English major at Columbia, and my best friend from high school is an English major at Stanford.
(Not) sorry to give you the bullshit answer you don't want to hear, but it's just what you make of it. We both seem to be getting what we want out of our respective institutions.
(For anyone obsessed with "SJW" or "PC" bullshit, neither of us particularly cares for politics.)

There will be charlatans, philistines, and naysayers wherever you go, but if you keep looking, you will find people just as dedicated to your field and craft as you are, if not more so.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.