[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books have the most epic, sweeping plotlines /lit/? Something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Blood Meridian Ending.jpg (8KB, 465x356px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Meridian Ending.jpg
8KB, 465x356px
What books have the most epic, sweeping plotlines /lit/? Something to put me in a state of awe please.
>>
>>7955560
Iliad, duh.
>>
>>7955575
Cant really go wrong with that one

Dune is also a good choice
>>
>>7955560
could you give us an example of a book you're looking for? "epic, sweeping plotlines" that puts you in a state of awe seems very open.
>>
>>7955625
Illiad is a good example, that and Moby Dick. Some wide spanning conflict of any sort I guess
>>
Seconding the Iliad
The Aenied
War and Peace, The Count of Monte Cristo
>>
>>7955560
The Book of the New Sun
>>
The Bible
>>
File: kane&abel.jpg (89KB, 712x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kane&abel.jpg
89KB, 712x1080px
I am going to get crucified (And possible banned) for posting this but:

Kane And Abel-Jeffrey Archer

Before I get hated, I want to clarify that I read it in grade 9 and at that time enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't know if it holds up now.
>>
File: When your wrong on lit.gif (692KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
When your wrong on lit.gif
692KB, 280x280px
>>7955916
>>
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
>>
Orlando Furioso
>>
>>7956116
I am so fucking sorry. I did think several times before posting this but I thought I'd do it anyway because I remember being really fond of it back then.
>>
>>7956232
All good, my man. I've just never gotten an opportunity to use the gif.
>>
Homestuck
>>
>>7955673
Is BotNS multiple PoV or nah?
>>
Le Morte d'Arthur
>>
The Malazan Book of The Fallen definitely feels that way since some of the main books take place parallel to each other but with a different character's viewpoint, which make it seem really grand and epic. Plus the worldbuilding is LOTR-tier good.
>>
>>7956977
Definitely. I'll never understand why people say ASOIAF is better than this.
>>
>>7955560
I enjoyed moby dick
>inb4 permaban
>>
>>7956838
It's all first-person narration from a single unreliable narrator, except for two fables/stories within the series.
>>
Wheel of Time series. Can get occasionally slow, but if you want sweeping epic, this is it. Fourteen books, page count being in the 800-1200 range for the Tor Classics edition
>>
Tours of the Black Clock
>>
>>7955560
East of Eden
>>
>>7959356
Wrong
>>
>>7959363
How so?
>>
File: 1440966826026.jpg (7KB, 153x179px) Image search: [Google]
1440966826026.jpg
7KB, 153x179px
>>7958702
I have a friend who has read the Wheel of Time series and nothing else (besides some ASoIaF).
He's currently re-reading it.
>>
war and peace does it as far as things based on real life goes. there's enough personal drama that the big war stuff feels really huge in comparison and it's great to see the characters involved in it
in terms of sci fi and fantasy, the foundation series has a really great sense of scale
>>
>>7959363

Wrong. Retry?
>>
2001: A Space Odyssey
>>
>>7958102
Why would you get banned for suggesting Moby Dick? That is a legitimate and good suggestion for what OP asks for.
>>
File: 51Ki76Qf64L.jpg (44KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
51Ki76Qf64L.jpg
44KB, 334x500px
Alien war book that spans hundreds of years from one mans perspective. Pretty epic to me
>>
>>7955575
>illiad
>plotline
you mean odyssey
>>
East of Eden anyone?
>>
>>7956977
reccing. ignore all those idiots on reddit who claim this is a hard read btw. yeah, it requires you to pay attention but any book worth reading requires a little input from the reader
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.