[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Talese, who is one of the originators of the New J

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: talese.jpg (1MB, 1297x1265px) Image search: [Google]
talese.jpg
1MB, 1297x1265px
>"Talese, who is one of the originators of the New Journalism movement of the 1960s and 70s, was asked at a conference on 2 April to name any female writers who inspired him. “I didn’t know any women writers that I loved,” he was reported to have said, sparking criticism from women in the audience."

>“Gay Talese couldn’t think of a single woman writer who inspires him or whose work he loves. That unfortunate man. Maybe he needs to read more widely. For a start.”

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/06/authors-respond-to-gay-talese-neil-gaiman-jodi-picoult

Do you think it's misogynistic if an 84-year-old white male writer can't name a single female writer he "loves"?
>>
No. There is a very small number of great female writers. Neil Gaiman, Jodi Picoult and Tina Fey shouldn't be listened to, by the way.

And please don't come back to this board. Your thread is quite useless and the results will most certainly be unfruitful.
>>
no. there are many great woman authors. but who cares if some old man doesnt "love" them. love means different things to sifferent people. also, he may have enjoyed some but they probably didnt "inspire" him.

yawn
>>
>>7892551
>>7892536
I love it when people act like misogynists ironically. Very funny guys, made me laugh!
>>
>>7892554
>3 IPs in this thread

Stop trying to force your shit thread OP
>>
>>7892515
How entitled do you have to be to get angry that someone wasn't artistically inspired by a writer of the same sex as you?
>>
Italians are funny cunts
>>
Did you even read to the end of the article?
>>
>>7892569
Why should anybody enact the labour of reading an entire article about a confirmed #misogynist ?
>>
>>7892573
aren't you bored of this yet
>>
A thread died for this shit
>>
It's funny because I thought it would be about women journalist too(and he says this too at the end). The internet sucks.

Also I had to look up who the hell Jodi Picoult was. And why does a comedian have such a voice that it's relevant to this discussion...
>>
>>7892515
In 2016, a loose collection of mediocre writers instruct an elderly journalist (whom they aren't interested in reading) on whom he should be inspired by. What a wacky world we're living in
>>
DON'T WORRY /LIT/

A new article has just been published recommending inspiring female writers that the misogynist Talese may want to read:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2016/apr/06/10-inspiring-female-writers-you-need-to-read
>>
Woman can like literature but they don't understand it
>>
You know, I don’t want to be offensive. But ‘woman' [regarded by many as evolution's masterpiece] is just awful. It seems ridiculous to have to say it. She can’t think, she can’t write. There’s no discernible talent.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.