[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo, pretetencious /lit/erati, we all know that every Anglo-modernist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ...la verace via abbandonai..gif (1006KB, 310x198px) Image search: [Google]
...la verace via abbandonai..gif
1006KB, 310x198px
Yo, pretetencious /lit/erati, we all know that every Anglo-modernist (in Anglo-lands it has a diff´rent meaning from the continent) and every Victorian writer would, now and then, quote the Bible and Elizabethan and Jacobean drama and Milton and Tyndale and Virgin Queen and Queen of Scots and Hobbes and Cromwell and John Donne. And sometimes they'd reach out to even continentals, like the Italians, the Romans o the Greeks.

My question is: Can you point out at least one place where Shakespeare or Dante would quote someone else? Pro-tip: you can't. Bump with "Nigga you SMART".
>>
They both quote the Bible extensively.
>>
have you even read either

>>7878096
literally this
>>
shakespeare basically took stories pre-written and blank-versed them

http://drmarkwomack.com/engl-3306/handouts/sources-and-adaptations/the-barge-speech-from-antony-cleopatra/
>>
OP BTFO
>>
>>7878096
>>7878100
examples plos, niggas. pro-tip: there are none.
>>7878111
Well, OK. I got told.
>>
>>7878080

Obvious attempt at getting someone else to answer his homework. "SMART" is far from the word I'd use to describe you.
>>
>>7878205
I take it back. The site lists only two:
>Sources and Adaptations
http://drmarkwomack.com/engl-3306/handouts/sources-and-adaptations/
>The Barge Speech
>Nahum Tate’s King Lear
And both are, if anything, a case of plagiarism and not quotations
>>7878209
Nigga, get on your knees: I'm still SMART.
>>
>>7878214
WAAAIT! The second bit ain't even Shakespeare quoting. It's Shakespeare BEING quoted. Ahaha!
>Nahum Tate’s adaptation of King Lear debuted in 1681. In a dedicatory epistle to the published play, Tate says: “I found the whole [of Shakespeare’s King Lear] … a heap of jewels, unstrung and unpolished; yet so dazzling in their disorder, that I soon perceived I had seized a treasure. ’Twas my good fortune to light on one expedient to rectify what was wanting in the regularity and probability of the tale, which was to run through the whole a love betwixt Edgar and Cordelia.”
SO: The only case we have so far is shakes using Plutarch's description of Cleopatra's Barge in a bloody history play about Cleopatra and Anthony. He echos a Historian's Description in a History play! A clear case of T.S.Elliot style obscure literary quotations!!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.