[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>whole family commits suicide >fights on the front lines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: Wittgenstein.jpg (48KB, 882x918px) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein.jpg
48KB, 882x918px
>whole family commits suicide
>fights on the front lines in the most brutal war in the history of the world
>beats Bertrand Russel in a battle of wits
>ends his whole career
>writes the most influential piece of analytic philosophy to date using a series of enigmatic aphorisms which vaguely connect to each other
>Hits stupid kids who can't math

Someone explain to me why he isn't GOAT
>>
>>7874129
>Someone explain to me why he isn't GOAT
He was a faggot.
>>
>>7874129
Because he realized he was wrong and then struggled for the rest of his life trying to understand his mistakes
>>
>>7874129
Hurting children is wrong. If you support Wittgenstein, you support child abuse. If you support child abuse, you're violent and immoral. If you're violent and immoral, you have no business being a philosopher, whose jon is to educate and learn, not support the battery of the weak by mentally unstable homosexuals.

Wittgenstein was wrong then and he's wrong now. But to refuse to discuss this failure would be to ignore his crimes against the young. Please when reading his work, remember that it was composed by a suspected pedophile who was quite evil even though he never said what exactly he was doing in Germany in 1953
>>
>>7874148
Is this post a joke?
>>
File: 220px-Socrates_Louvre.jpg (20KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Socrates_Louvre.jpg
20KB, 220x293px
>>7874148
>If you're violent and immoral, you have no business being a philosopher
Bull shit.
>>
>>7874148
Your favorite philosophers are Bob Marley and Oprah, I'm guessing.
>>
>>7874148
>he never said what exactly he was doing in Germany in 1953
heh
>>
>>7874148
>even though he never said what exactly he was doing in Germany in 1953

Given that Wittgenstein died in 1951 and was buried in Cambridge, UK.... not sure I'm following you.
>>
>>7874136
null point

>>7874137
he was wrong with the work he set out to do in the tractatus, but made up for it with PI by acknowledging a perfect language can't exist, there is no ultimately valid way to verify or falsify a statement, etc. etc. But if this seems incorrect, please correct me
>>
he's definitely the goat tbqh
>>
>>7874148
>this many people taking the b8
>>
He was intentionally vague and esoteric, making him GOAT only among a certain elite. Russell kicks his ass all over the shop when it comes to the everyman, and, I think, the sheer breadth of his knowledge.
>>
>>7874250
Classic Einstein vs. von Neumann dichotomy, but at the end of the day, who achieved the more impactful discoveries?
>>
>>7874259
Is there supposed to be an obvious answer between Einstein and Neumann there?
>>
>>7874250
I hope you don't mean Bertrand, who basically gave up with following Witty.
>>
>>7874129
Wittgenstein better projected the mystery and mystique of "philosopher" in the public imagination.

But Carnap did more to actually move the ball forward, philosophically.
>>
Analytic philosophy is cuckdom, and Wittengenstein was the worst. His contributions to philosophy bear the mark of fascist ideology and his retarded statement "philosophy adds nothing new" is completely misdirected.
>>
>>7874287
>Analytic philosophy is cuckdom
This fucking website.
>>
>>7874287
*pats on the shoulder*

You'll get it, someday.
>>
File: 1458956567908.jpg (49KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
1458956567908.jpg
49KB, 685x567px
>>7874287
>>
>>7874250
>Russell kicks his ass
except that Wittgenstein essentially wiped the floor with Russel (which Russel admitted) so I don't really follow this
>>
>>7874287
You must have been really intimidated when you realized analytic philosophy actually requires you to know what you're talking about instead of spouting retarded Nietzsche quotes and pretending to like existentialism "because like what is existence and stuff"
>>
>>7874148
8/10 post
>>
>>7874269
yes
>>
>>7874129
You forgot
>attends school with Hitler
>obsessive reader of detective novels
>designed his sister's house
>>
>>7874287

That's right, just meme the pain away.
>I don't get it, it must be c-cuck s-s-shit
>>>/pol/
>>
Whoever has such a shortsighted spiritual view of philosophy as to say "philosophy adds nothing new" should immediately be desestimated as superficial.
Analytic philosophy is basically the least spirited boring calculated bullshit that any philosophical branch has ever come up with. It marks the death of the human spirit that began in the 21st century by turning everything into "objective" formulaic systems.
>>
>>7874734
That has nothing to do with the actual doctrine of it. You're not even a sophist, you're lower.
>>
>>7874734
Hey dumbshit - that "boring, objective, unspiritual" pursuit of truth is what created the means you now rely on to spout your infantile nonsense into the internet machine. Time to smarten up, and sack up.
>>
>>7874750
If you're not a nihilist at this point then good on you.Honestly, keep up the good work.
>>
>>7874734
>It marks the death of the human spirit that began in the 21st century
>that began in the 21st century
>21st century

?
>>
>>7874148
well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but still this is 4chan so no one really gives a fuck about your little rant...
>>
>>7874148
>Hurting children is wrong
Stopped reading there
>>
>>7874290
*teleports behind you*
watch out there... buddy... you don't want to force me to hurt you right?
>>
>>7874129
>writes the most influential piece of analytic philosophy to date using a series of enigmatic aphorisms which vaguely connect to each other

Which one lel
>>
>>7874148
Even though I disagree with you, Wittgenstein said he regretted it anyway
>>
>>7874734
>It marks the death of the human spirit that began in the 21st century by turning everything into "objective" formulaic systems.

But Wittgenstein hated that science was doing this to society mate
>>
some of these rich misguided 1900s kids were such homos, like wittgenstein.
>>
>>7874658
>>7874259

von Neumann, hands down.
>>
>>7874287
t. liberal arts brainlet that cannot into math/logic
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.