[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start reading this. >cant create a truthful image in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: theperegrine.jpg (23KB, 338x530px) Image search: [Google]
theperegrine.jpg
23KB, 338x530px
>start reading this.
>cant create a truthful image in my head of any of the birds mentioned except the peregrine.
>can't even create a truthful image of the English countryside.

Does anyone else here have problems like this that prevent them from reading?
>>
type it into google lmao
>>
>read this
>literally start crying with the beauty
>can only read a few sentences at a time, have to close it and contemplate, so blown away have to stop and think
>i've read it 7 times
>still amazed

how is it even possible to be this good
equal wth joyce
>>
I've always been more of a verbal than a visual thinker and I have trouble visualizing a scene in my head unless I pause and make a conscious effort to try to conjure up images. It's never prevented me from reading or enjoying any literature though.
>>
>>7867165
Why do you at all think it's a good idea to interupt your reading to look at a bright screen with a contemporary corporate gui and overflow of information.

It's the equivilent of watching bresson then changing it to a recorded Broadway production of hairspray or something.
>>
>>7867236
get a british bird guide then
>>
You really have to work for this book, if you weren't born in da UK or have a good visual image of what's being described in this book you'll struggle (i did, i never finished and its short)

Some of the best writing i've seen though. Really impressive stuff. Just sucks for people who haven't a clue of the shrubbery and wildlife being describes the book is foreign.
>>
File: peregrinefalcon.jpg (51KB, 425x339px) Image search: [Google]
peregrinefalcon.jpg
51KB, 425x339px
>>
File: peregrine_falcon_3.jpg (16KB, 425x340px) Image search: [Google]
peregrine_falcon_3.jpg
16KB, 425x340px
>>
File: hawk.jpg (38KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
hawk.jpg
38KB, 1000x563px
>>
>>7867236
Idiot
>>
>>7867362
the sound they make is 'kek kek kek'
>>
This one makes a sound like shay-shaa shay-shaa [pause] sheee

Sort of like the shsh sound in WelSH SHeep
>>
>>7867372
nice peregrine m8
>>
I read it on my phone.
Like a normal human being.
Highlighting and googling are 3 interactions..
>>
>>7867379
Is this even the right bird?
>>
>>7867401
same sub-species/"family" if you will
they are pretty similar just the feather pattern is sort of different because of the region

it's like the brown and red versions of those furry nutcrackers
>>
>>7867236

Wew lad
>>
I have this problem with lots of books from before 1900, the world was unimaginably different back then but the authors often don't describe it that well because to them it was just modern life.
>>
>>7867236
Yeah this anime image board you're posting on is a far better palate cleanser for a true literary mind like yourself.
>>
File: 1459127144695.png (336KB, 540x544px) Image search: [Google]
1459127144695.png
336KB, 540x544px
>>7867158
>still has to 'visualize' what he's reading
>doesn't read in colors
>doesn't see the entire universe in a single sentence
Man I feel sorry for people like you
>>
>>7867236
You're shitposting on 4chan right now you dolt
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.