[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck is everyone talking about. I know what's going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 2016-03-29-23-02-05-820066325.jpg (7KB, 238x179px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-29-23-02-05-820066325.jpg
7KB, 238x179px
what the fuck is everyone talking about. I know what's going on. don't really know who the fuck everyone is or what the fuck they are talking about is. will I figure it out eventually? I'm barely 60 page in. this is my first pynchon novel. I don't give a fuck about reading his other shit in any sort of order. I start with what ever I feel like it. because I'm in control. I like the dog. he's really British.
>>
You sound pretty stupid.
>>
>>7866912
I am
>>
>>7866919
Me too.
>>
>>7866911
why the fuck would you start with mason & dixon??

start with crying of lot 49 or V. or actually, don't read anything, because you sound retarded.
>>
>>7866929
reading is knowledge bro.
>>
>>7866911
>he fell for the pynchon meme
>>
>>7866940
nigger I just finished blood meridian. I got meme'd fucking hard. I'm shooting for 3 for 3
>>
so did you guys even read this book or what?
>>
start with lot
if you can't finish it, come back and try again in a few years
>>
oh I'm gonna finish mason and Dixon no matter what. the crying of lot 49 can take a seat.
>>
>>7866911
My 83 year old grandmother who barely reads anything besides the Bible and Bible accessories is reading Mason and Dixon and loving it. You retards need to step up.
>>
>>7866911
>because I'm in control.
As the rest of your post proves, no you fucking aren't.
>>
This is not a great novel to make your first Pynchon book. It's incredible - maybe his best - but if you don't get what he's doing in general you'll flounder for ~300 pages then quit.

If you do end up quitting this one read The Crying of Lot 49 sometime, that's the best entry point.
>>
>>7866911
60 pages in you should already get at least most of what's going on and understand which of the two characters is speaking from the accent. If you don't... it's not exactly a matter of being prepared for it but I've no better advice than at least familiarising yourself with samples of Pynchon's sometimes weird syntax with the short and easy Lot 49
>>
>>7866929
>READ MUH PYNCHON CHART YA DUMMY
>>
oh shit I don't know what's going on anymore. so your like not supposed to understand fully what's going on?
>>
>>7867892
oh I know who's talking it's just every once and a while they will talk for a paragraph and I have no idea wtf they are talking about. sometimes as I keep reading shit will get explained. but not always.
>>
I read Mason & Dixon first and it was like one long orgasm.
>>
Is the "Pynchon chart" bait or does that shit actually exist? Can someone post it for me plz?
>>
File: 1459136036535.jpg (2MB, 1222x3649px) Image search: [Google]
1459136036535.jpg
2MB, 1222x3649px
>>7868802
here
>>
>>7868807
thanks anon
>>
File: 1450562381444.jpg (68KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
1450562381444.jpg
68KB, 640x472px
>>7866911
LED GOAT DESU
>>
aight so I checked out a chapter summary to see how retarded I am and so far I haven't really missed anything. it appears I'm getting the gist of things. even though I don't always know what everyone's talking about. pynchon is some next level reading shit goddammit. nigger makes DFW look like child's play. why is infinite jest even in the meme trio. it's simple to read, just long. the tunnel should take its place.
>>
File: bloomy.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bloomy.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>7866911

>he fell for the pynchon meme...
>>
>>7869860
kek desu
>>
Is Mason and Dixon 'harder' than GR?
>>
>>7870501
It makes me harder, at least.
>>
>>7867240
>who barely reads anything besides the Bible and Bible accessories
patrish as fuck desu
>>
>>7870501
no
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.