[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have four books on my desk, can't decide which to rea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1458703047470.jpg (43KB, 582x741px) Image search: [Google]
1458703047470.jpg
43KB, 582x741px
I have four books on my desk, can't decide which to read.

Starship Troopers,
Snow Crash,
Johnny Got His Gun,
and The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
http://strawpoll.me/7177796
>>
Read something by the Pynch instead
>>
>Johnny Got His Gun,

The only good book in that pile of pre-adolescent American shit
>>
>>7848959
pynchon is worse than those
>>
>>7848979
Got to "worse" and stopped reading. Pynchon is objectively the best.
>>
Do me too

V
I am a Cat
Upanishads
Remains of the Day
>>
>>7848999
Remains of the Day is best of those. The Upanishads is best for reading in short bursts before and after meditation sessions.
>>
>>7848950

All I can say is Starship Troops fucking sucks.

I don't care what you think about fascism, Hitler this, Nazi that. If it was actually an entertaining, well written book I couldn't care if the author slept underneath a picture of Hitler every night.

The fact is Starship Troops rings you in with one of the fucking coolest most exciting action chapters in any sci-fi book ever, especially for the 50s, and then the rest of the novel is bootcamp idealistic drivel.
>>
>>7848960
its the worse of the lot.
>>
>>7849021
Don't forget about the karate showdown between the Drill Sargent and one of his recruits whos father was a famous karate master who the Drill Sargent trained under (this is all revealed when the Sargent recognizes the recruits moves). They then gain a mutual respect for each others mastery of karate. It's 100% Serious and not intended as a parody. I wish I was kidding. I quit reading after that.
>>
>>7849089
>im a nu male xd
>>
>>7849021
>>7849089
I found some of it interesting but towards the end I realised how self-indulgent it was. Those last two chapters were a mess and hard to slog through.
>>
>>7849095
and they say /pol/ has anything but shit taste
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.