[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did any of your professors ever make you read his stuff in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: a.png (61KB, 862x553px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
61KB, 862x553px
Did any of your professors ever make you read his stuff in the class?

Unusual sexual fantasies or otherwise.
>>
Once, but he'd written the textbook and it was a pretty good textbook so I could understand why.
>>
If I were a professor I would totally do this. I'd make them read my erotic fanfiction and analyze it. I'll call it postmodern, they'll be none the wiser.
>>
A psychology professor I have wrote his own textbook. Super smart, but he's a pretty bad writer, and he has this weird habit of talking about his own research in third person when he cites paper's he wrote. Is this standard in academia or is he just weird?
>>
>>7831085
There is nothing stopping someone from writing a good essay deconstructing a fic about Cloud barfing on Tifa's cock.
>>
>>7831103
Fairly standard. Most academics don't like saying "I found this out and look how brilliant/relevant/insightful it is to the point I'm making", they like to say "This guy wrote this and look how insightful he is"
>>
>>7831078
One of my professors put his books into every course we do.
We have a shared student dropbox were we pirate all of the readings and share them, so he hasn't made a penny off our year.
>>
>>7831078
Often. But I'm studying Law in a small country - there is not a lot of options when it comes to textbooks so its fair enough.
>>
>>7831078
Yes. It was for a history seminar. He had us read a paper he had recently published on the Missouri compromise. It was pretty well written and made some interesting points, and good discussion spawned from it. I think I kept it sandwiched between the pages of a Henry Clay biography.
>>
>>7831078
>Core 105: Aesthetics in Context

just read Kant and drop out
>>
File: aotdspread_1.jpg (171KB, 940x468px) Image search: [Google]
aotdspread_1.jpg
171KB, 940x468px
>http://stephanbrigidi.com/publications/afraid-of-the-dark-a-venetian-story/

A R T
R
T
>>
>>7831790
Is this from the Jojo manga?
>>
The first year I taught college during the summer session we had long classes, so for like the second to last class I passed out two cryptic short stories I had written and had them do a little analysis on them to kill class time. I outgrew that shit. Now I upload an obscure but challenging story and leave them a set of difficult questions, so that when they try to look up the answers or interpretations online they run into my name and become impressed. Got to be subtle about these things. I would never have assign my own stories or book. Havent taught for over two years, though.
>>
>>7832074
Assigned* failed tense edit there
>>
>>7831105
Except deconstruction makes for bad essays. Let's do a structuralist reading of Tifa's hidden wang instead, and intertextually relate it to Kuja's child bearing and more feminine hips, while we explore the resonance of the alcoholic cid who probably beats his wife to compensate for his failures with the suicidal hairy engineer cid and the dashing metro sexual just a hint of teal cid who puts it on Lightning. Let's leave derrida for ffv and the translation that left the main characters name as butz ...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.