[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what books are you reading at the moment my dudes? Fear and Loathing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: hst ct.jpg (27KB, 208x320px) Image search: [Google]
hst ct.jpg
27KB, 208x320px
what books are you reading at the moment my dudes?
Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 - HST
White Noise - Don Delillo
Perdido Street Station - China Mieville
>>
>Reading more than one book at a time.
>"Wow anon like so intellectual. Please make fuck of me."
>>
>>7830287
How's campaign trail? Been thinking about getting it. Coincidentally, i'm about to read Hunter Thompson's In Las Veags, just finished Mythology (Edith Hamilton)
>>
>>7830909
im about 250 pages in or so. of course its very contextually based but its a great accounting of a time in history and it has some great universal truths about politics in the form of hunter's usual rambling writings. I feel like it was probably more effective as it was coming out, now its more of a historical reference of the 72 campaign via the lens of hunter s. thompson, essentially making it one of the best works of the new journalism movement
>>
>>7830312
I'm against reading more than one book at a time, but it just so happens that sometimes there's so much good shit to read you can't decide which one to stick to. Such is the case with me. Here are the books I'm reading atm
Women and Men - Joseph McElroy
The Book Of The New Sun - Gene Wolfe
Son & Xon - Thomas Pynchon
>>
>>7830287

Fell for the 'start with the Greeks' meme so I'm reading Iliad right now (Fagman translation). It's raw as fuck though I love it. Dude getting murked left and right.

Also White Noise is a really cool novel, good choice. How do you like it so far?
>>
>>7831113
im only 40 pages in because started it today its fucking clever and smart and funny already
>>
File: lausghing_whores.jpg (21KB, 223x270px) Image search: [Google]
lausghing_whores.jpg
21KB, 223x270px
>>7830979
>son & xon
lmao
>>
>>7830914
>>7830909
>>7830287
I read F&L '72 waaay back in highschool, pretty sure some of it went over my head. I remember thinking "he's making a lot of this up to keep it interesting for the reader"
>>
Interviews with Francis Bacon.
>>
Dubliners
The Old Man and th Sea
History of Knowledge - Charles Van Doren
>>
>>7831855
Well, you weren't wrong.
>>
Just started atlas shrugged yestorday. Its pretty good so far. Not sure why the memes about it on /lit doe
>>
>>7832131
If it doesn't click for you by the end of Part 1, stop reading. The tone and themes should have been laid out fairly strongly by then.

I finished it and enjoyed it for the most part.
>>
Mistborn

I don't know if it's good or not
>>
>>7830287
i have been starting and stopping white noise for a year. it's strange, i like it as an idea, but i can't dig his prose. i loved point omega though

just read fear and loathing in las vegas and slaughterhouse five yesterday.

doing graham greene's end of the affair for the first time now.
>>
>>7832483
it's prob just me, but i love how smarmy delillo's prose is and I actually think its super easy to get into
>>
237 pages into infinite jest :/
>>
Man Without Qualities- Musil
Oblomov- Goncharov
Amulet- Bolano
>>
>>7831949
>Interviews with Francis Bacon.
Didn't know there was something like this, how is it anon? I love Bacon's paintings so this might interest me a lot
>>
>>7832887
Godspeed, lad.
>>
I've been off and on with Voyage au bout de la nuit for a while. My French is v rusty. Does anyone recommend any resources for French idioms and sayings? CĂ©line is so damn conversational in his wirting, it's sometimes hard for me to follow.

About to also start Confederacy of Dunces, what should I expect from it?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.