[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite Gabriel Garcia Marquez book, /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 13450.jpg (27KB, 172x266px) Image search: [Google]
13450.jpg
27KB, 172x266px
What's your favorite Gabriel Garcia Marquez book, /lit/?

I tried to read 100 Years of Solitude a few years ago and couldn't get into it, and today I gave a shot to Love in the Time of Cholera - didn't get very far.

Should I try again, maybe pick another book?
>>
people here do not read

if you want real responses sooner, pretend you've read the book, and people will give you wikipedia-copypasted commentary.
>>
I've read two of his novellas. A Chronicle of a death foretold and memories of my melancholy whores. Both were pretty good, I think I liked the former more. First one was a decent detective story, second one was lolita-lite.

I can see why he's popular... He can attract female readership. I have two of his novels on my shelf as well because his stuff is always available at 2nd hand stores.
>>
El otoño del patriarca is my personal favourite.
But 100 years of solitude is a masterpiece, if you tried to read it and you didn't enjoy it maybe he's just not for you.
Tbh there's better literature in Spanish out there, don't feel like you "must" read Márquez just because of this weird anglo obsession with him.
>>
>>7828868
I don't know, everytime he starts describing things in detail (memories, places) for longer than a page I get unfocused.
>>
File: 29shiner450.jpg (62KB, 559x450px) Image search: [Google]
29shiner450.jpg
62KB, 559x450px
Juan Rulfo did the same things he did better and ~20 years earlier.

And he deserved pic related from the true Boom GOAT
>>
File: 111p0i.gif (2MB, 194x270px) Image search: [Google]
111p0i.gif
2MB, 194x270px
>>7828962
Not the guy you were replying too, but I feel the same way about Marquez and, in fact, about most trendy South American writers . It's like they give us 2 pages of description about a fucking sunset or the smell of a palm tree and then 2 sentences about how a character feels about it.
>>
File: stay buttmad spics.jpg (144KB, 907x600px) Image search: [Google]
stay buttmad spics.jpg
144KB, 907x600px
>>7828719
Ugh. None of them. Spanish literature belongs in the outhouse.
>>
>>7828719
dude OHYOS is literally one of the best books ever written
>>
Yeah, definitely try Chronicle of a Death Foretold. It is smaller, more straight to the point, but there is still a very '100 years' feel to it. If you don't enjoy it either, move on, GGM is just not your style, which is fine. Go have fun with another book!
>>
don't read strange pilgrims it's pretty bad
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.