[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"On Working White Liberals" - Maya Angelou I don’t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: maya-angelou.jpg (49KB, 448x293px) Image search: [Google]
maya-angelou.jpg
49KB, 448x293px
"On Working White Liberals" - Maya Angelou

I don’t ask the Foreign Legion

Or anyone to win my freedom

Or to fight my battle better than I can,

Though there’s one thing that I cry for

I believe enough to die for

That is every man’s responsibility to man.

I’m afraid they’ll have to prove first

That they’ll watch the Black man move first

Then follow him with faith to kingdom come.

This rocky road is not paved for us,

So, I’ll believe in Liberals’ aid for us

When I see a white man load a Black man’s gun.
What did she mean by this?
>>
>I don’t ask the Foreign Legion
>Or anyone to win my freedom
>Or to fight my battle better than I can,
Ok you can be a slave again fuck you.
>>
File: pepner.png (58KB, 636x674px) Image search: [Google]
pepner.png
58KB, 636x674px
>>7812593
>responsibility to man
textbook spook
>>
I think she means how welfare destroyed the black middle class and working class in the USA.
It pretty much destroyed the nuclear family.
>>
>bad poetry + it's about negroes = good poetry

THE FORMULA WORKS.

>That is every man’s responsibility to man.

Could you make this line a little longer, please?
>>
>>7812962
The nuclear family itself was already just a doomed little particle of the actual family. Once you start putting your elders away you are lost as a society.

That's not the fault of the welfare state though, it's the fault of capitalism.
>>
>>7812994
still the liberal paternalism actually eroded the self sufficiency of the black community
they were worse off under welfare than when they looked out for one another
>>
>>7812593
>When I see a white man load a Black man’s gun.
You've never prepped a bull before? I do it all the time. Just gotta get my wife's son out of the house first or do it before his school gets out.
>>
File: Cassandra.jpg (141KB, 511x683px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra.jpg
141KB, 511x683px
>>7813018
Makes sense, if you remove all the reasons communities have to stick together you can't complain when you end up without a community to speak off.

Welfare and wage labour have the same effect in this way. If you depend on a boss/government for your money and you can take that currency to stranger to make them fix your problems, society is going to atomise until there are merely loosely affiliated individuals left. Alienation everywhere.
>>
>>7812630
>What was the Underground Railroad?
>>
>>7814486
White people freeing slaves
>>
>>7814615
The only ones who "freed" slaves were runaways and plantation owners after being told, finally, it was morally wrong to exploit humans regardless of pigment.
>What is the 14th amendment?
>That is every man’s responsibility to man.
>>
>>7814615
>>7814624
And yet, even after "freeing" those slaves, they were exploited through sharecropping by the same rich, white plantation owners making more than a living wage off of them.
>>
>>7814615
Typical honky taking credit from the black man.
>>
>>7812962

I'm fine with not paying for welfare for people that hate me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.