[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did loneliness or sexual frustration impact your last reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: l.jpg (2MB, 1535x2000px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
2MB, 1535x2000px
How did loneliness or sexual frustration impact your last reading experience?

we can compare experiences.

I got out of an LTR, read On Chesil Beach, and then switched to two other books rather than reading the somewhat devastating final chapter.
>>
I was doing nofap, got to day 13, was reading something by Erich Fromm on my kindle and had to stop and masturbate to a grainy black and white picture of Kagney Linn Karter
>>
>>7808705
>08705▶

I had to google both those things but it made you funnier twice over.
>>
>>7808699
It didn't.

That's not to say I'm involved with anyone or have had sex anytime in the past few months, but these things don't affect my reading.
>>
File: 3244879.jpg (17KB, 396x384px) Image search: [Google]
3244879.jpg
17KB, 396x384px
>tfw with perfect girl who believes in sex within the confines of a marriage
>>
>>7808699
>how did being a dumb frogposter impact your last reading experience

I want plebs to leave
>>
>>7808711
I just did the same thing, except I ended up masturbating.
>>
I read a book about a heroin junkie who had to whore herself out in order to get away from her addiction.

I envied her.
>>
>>7808768
I know you are shitposting but, why would anyone do that ?º
>>
File: 1439273213552.jpg (35KB, 748x748px) Image search: [Google]
1439273213552.jpg
35KB, 748x748px
>>7808863
that's pretty homo, honestly
>>
I am a kissless friendless virgin. I read to avoid that reality.
>>
>>7808885
At least she made a self discovery and renewed passion for life. If that's what it'd take to get out of this pussy quarter-life crisis, I'd do it too.
>>
Reading A Farewell to Arms right now and it's hard to relate to Henry sometimes, just makes me more depressed.
>>
>>7808898
I know that situation, but the twist here is that the more I shut myself in books, the more (by this very same alienation) I'll maintain myself a virgin.
>>
>>7808898
How old are you? If it's 20 or older, just stop being so autistic and hire a fucking hooker already.
>>
I was reading Persepolis and the protagonist was recounting how dating was proscribed for people in the new theocratic Iran. Here's the impediment: she said that people got around them: "These were human beings, after all." Picture of people kissing secretly. Something about that passage gave me pause; it's stamped into my memory.
>>
>the somewhat devastating final chapter.

You McEwan shills are absolutely hilarious. How much does he pay you per hour? Honestly. His books sucks and Chesil Beach is just another middle-class melodrama marketed as a profoundly "deep" and "sad" Stoner-esque wistfest. Just go away.
>>
Rereading The Great Gatsby I ended up sympathizing much more with Nick and how he's basically drifting aimlessly through life and ends up drawn to Gatsby and Daisy's romance clusterfuck, almost as if he's trying to live vicariously through them, rather than actually doing anything himself. There was a section that really hit home where he describes how he would invent the lives of all the people around him and imagine realities where he was able to make some sort of connection with them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.