[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i read or watch Waiting For Godot? Is this a good ver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: WaitingForGodot.jpg (21KB, 190x323px) Image search: [Google]
WaitingForGodot.jpg
21KB, 190x323px
should i read or watch Waiting For Godot? Is this a good version?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wifcyo64n-w
>>
Do you guys think Godot is... God?!
>>
>>7800284
when you read a book, you construct the characters and setting with a mental image in your mind due to your imagination.
when you watch a movie, it's all done for you beforehand. as such, you are getting someone else's interpretation.
as such, i would read it first, then watch the film.
>>
>>7800310
yes.
>>
>>7800312
but this is a play, so its not meant to be watched?
>>
yes that's a good version
>>
if you read it first you will have a better understanding when you watch it
>>
>>7800284
Personally I prefer this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqpjddXaw4E

I think you should read the play as you watch the film. If that's not your thing, then read it and then watch it.
>>
Why in the name of the gods are you guys suggesting he read A FUCKIN PLAY before watching it to avoid "receiving someone's else interpretation"

A
FCKIN
PLAY

It was meant to be performed. By definition it's open for differents intepretations while on theater.

Watch any version, read the play, watch the same version again (or other one). Read again, rinse and repeat.
>>
I would not recommend reading it first. It's meant to be performed. It's not a novel where all the material required is present in the words. The actors will bring the words to life because the words themselves are not enough. If you read it you will probably miss all of the humor of the play and the play is very funny. Watch it first, otherwise you will probably dislike it. Also I love the version you linked to.
>>
>>7800284
Read Mercier and Camier first
>>
>>7800310
Non. It was written in French, God in French is Dieu. Godot represents something more than just a simple idea of God.
>>
>>7801812
>tfw saw it performed by Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen
>>
File: 1451383200597.jpg (274KB, 870x960px) Image search: [Google]
1451383200597.jpg
274KB, 870x960px
>when someone pronounces the t in Godot
>>
>>7800310
Godot is the protagonist of a story never written
>>
>>7801899
That disgusting feel when Americans emphasise the second syllable.
>>
>>7801927
>when one culture does it its unique
>when Americans do it its detestable
>>
>>7802044
>"I'm silly"
>>
>>7801825
I think he represents something less than the complicated idea of god.
>>7800332
If you watch it first you will have a better understanding when you read it.
>>7800324
Reading it is a great experience. Watching that version is a great experience as well.
>>
>>7801828
>tfw have seen both of those guys on the stage, but sadly not at the same time
>>
>>7800312
>>7800332
>reading plays before watching them
There's a special place in hell for deviants like you.
>>
>>7802044
>When America does it wrong it's great
>When everyone else does it right they are awful plebeians

So why is the American way of pronouncing it better than the way set forth by the creator of the works?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.