[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any short story that I can find online that cover the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 16117_aj_m_1375.jpg (34KB, 304x500px) Image search: [Google]
16117_aj_m_1375.jpg
34KB, 304x500px
Is there any short story that I can find online that cover the absurd movement where life seem to have no meaning like in The Stranger or Waiting for Godot?
>>
>>7789622
Myth of Sisyphus
>>
>>7789622
No Longer Human
>>
>>7789622
not doing your homework
>>
Kafka. If you want a short story with those themes go for In the Penal Colony
>>
>>7789622
>absurd
>where life seem to have no meaning
this is not the definition of absurd though
>>
>>7791105
In the absurd movement, you realize that your life is useless and that everyday tend to be the same thing over and over...
Therefore we could say: life has no meaning

If your definition is different please share it.
>>
>>7791943
your definition fits more existentialism to be frank. Absurdism is saying no to rules, conventions, logic and life.
>>
Terry Southern Red Dirt Marijuana
Roberto Bolano the insufferable (incorrigible? i forget) gaucho
irvine welsh acid house
>>
File: 1452201011908.gif (1MB, 312x188px) Image search: [Google]
1452201011908.gif
1MB, 312x188px
>>7791943
I really don't even know where to start with you, that's how wrong you are. Even mentioning The Stranger and Godot in the same sentence confirms you're a 14 year old just discovering real literature.
>>
>>7792227
>If your definition is different please share it.
>>
>>7792227
>being this much of a prick

I mean, yeah, you're not wrong, but chill please
>>
>>7791943
The absurd is a conflict brought about by the meeting of two separate things. It arises from the conflict these two entities create upon their meeting. You describe the symptoms but fail to grasp the disease.
Absurdism doesn't explicitly say life has no meaning, just that we can never be said to objectively know it. Come at me scrublord
>>
>>7792127
That's not absurdism, that's living in revolt, Camus argues for this as a response to recognition of the absurd.
>>
File: BIRDS FROGS MOSQUITOES.png (3MB, 1107x1765px) Image search: [Google]
BIRDS FROGS MOSQUITOES.png
3MB, 1107x1765px
>>7789622
>>
File: the_machine_stops.jpg (53KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
the_machine_stops.jpg
53KB, 400x500px
>>7789622
Start here...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.