[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Didn't started with the greeks, trying to go with this guy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Didn't started with the greeks, trying to go with this guy, but i feel that sometimes he is presenting stuff i could read in earlier philosophers. Should I stop this and go back?

I can understand most of the ideas he is presenting, but in some points i'm having some difficult.
>>
>>7781627
>Didn't started with the greeks

Maybe you need to start with English first, you rotten retarded prick
>>
>>7781633
i'm not a filthy amerifat, sorry
>>
>>7781627
Good news anon, Hegel wrote his own History of Philosophy which covers the development of his Idea!

https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/works/hp/hpconten.htm

It's actually pretty fucking interesting too
>>
>presenting stuff i could read in earlier philosophers
you get the point of the book, right?
>>
>>7781633
Kek
>>
>>7781834
Yes i do, I just feel that i should know all this stuff beforehand to keep my reading in a steady flow

>>7781816
tks anon, will look into it
>>
>can barely write coherent English
>reads Hegel
>>
>>7781627
>but i feel that sometimes he is presenting stuff i could read in earlier philosophers
No fucking shit
Why do you think it's repeated over and over that you should start with the Greeks? Did you think that was a meme or something? Pathetic
>>
Read Schopenhauer my man.
>>
>>7781627
Hegel is just a poor man's Spinoza
>>
>>7781955
again, not an amerifat, not my native language, so fuck you
>>
This is the translation of Hegel we used in my grad seminar on the Phenomenology of Spirit:

http://terrypinkard.weebly.com/phenomenology-of-spirit-page.html

Much easier to understand than the Miller translation. Features both German and English side by side. I highly recommend printing it out.

I also recommend Hegel's lectures on philosophy of history and religion for context.
>>
>>7782068
not mine either, no excuse.
>>
>>7782122
The image was merely illustrative, i'm reading it in my native language. Will look into the lectures tho.
>>
File: 1441750242592.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1441750242592.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Heraclitus, Schiller and Hegel.

Finish with Sniff-man
>>
>>7781627
You won't see to many Hegel threads on 4chan, but trust me. You will need the Greeks for this one. You could get by with other writers, but Hegel you need them. And you need to know Descartes/Hume/Kant.

Do not do yourself a disservice but reading Hegel without these first. You will figure this out in the monster of a preface, you cannot simply read Hegel lazily, you have to engage with the text critically. And to do this, you need to know the Greeks etc.

>>7781816
Literally need to know the Greeks for this.
>>
>>7781648
>i'm not a filthy amerifat, sorry
Never mind with the other guy said, you should start with history first.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.