[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this as cringy to /lit/ as the "I am a gamer, I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: i am a reader.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
i am a reader.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
Is this as cringy to /lit/ as the "I am a gamer, I don't have a life, I have many" photos of Master Chief/Gordon Freeman/Geralt you see on >>>/v/?
>>
>>7776012
Yeah, especially with those pleb-tier books.
>>
File: i am a gamer.jpg (29KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
i am a gamer.jpg
29KB, 736x414px
Reason I ask is because this cute girl has this as her banner on Facebook and it has like 50 likes. If a guy put pic related up as his banner, people would laugh at him and call him a gigantic faggot
>>
>>7776017
It's all about stereotypes, like you probably know. A girl playing video games is "cool", because it's uncommon.
>>
>>7776020
Fair enough, well I called this girl a faggot just for the sake of parity because they're both awful.
>>
>>7776023
That's pretty rough though, how did she react?
>>
>>7776023
doesn't make sense to me. treating people equally horribly will only encourage a race to the bottom

you also don't know for sure that people would laugh at him and call him a gigantic faggot, that's pure speculation
>>
>>7776012

Not really. Your pic related are usually girls and it's the norm for most of them to bastardize lit into a mere fashion statement. No point cringing over the norm.
>>
>>7776012
I don't find anything to be cringey besides my own existence tbqh.
>>
>>7776012
Was this picture taken in a bookstore?

If not, I wish I had that many nice looking books.
>>
>>7776012
Yes, it's silly. I don't read too have many lives -- I read to enrich my only life.
>>
>>7776012

>The Witcher series

Hate it. Hate everything about it.

Unrelated, but had to chime in.

Refer to the main characters as Gerald/Jennifer/etc for keks.
>>
>>7776012
yeah, but probably in a different way
i resent the assumption that you're supposed to be involved in a book to the point that you experience it firsthand.
absorbtion that's so total you feel like you're living your own life leads to a lack of intellectual understanding. just ask brecht.
>>
>>7776267

Why? There are far worse "fantasy" series around, look at fucking Eragon for instance.

I thought The Witcher was decent, nothing to write home about but nothing terrible either.
>>
>>7776012
I AM A BUYER
Not because i need all this shit
But because i have money and no personality
:)
>>
>>7776017
It's because the shit a girl posts online is the equivalent to putting on makeup, they're saying 'look at the things I do please validate me', whereas guys are expected to cultivate their ego internally and then extrapolate it externally through charisma

when guys resort to posting all that cringe shit on facebook- whether it be shit like the op image or any other shit they think will win them pussy points- it's the equivalent on them having a breakdown putting on lipstick and yelling "look at me! I'm beautiful too!"

unless they're a solid 10 in which case fuck it they can do what they want
>>
File: diddly do.jpg (14KB, 311x377px) Image search: [Google]
diddly do.jpg
14KB, 311x377px
>>7776274

>Why?

Stereotypical edgy shit, lapped up by the plebs.

Le Hollywood Eye-Scar Badass trope just doesn't do it for me any more.

And of course there's worse; but as Chesterton said, "Of two evils, choose neither." As Schopenhauer said, life is short; don't waste your time on trash.
>>
>>7776274
come on now the short stories are basically fairytailes for "adults"

the actual series is atrocious though
>>
>>7776285
and as your mother said, "I should have just flushed it while I had the chance"
>>
File: O.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
O.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>7776291

>Implying I care about what a woman says

Wew.
>>
>>7776023
>for the sake of parity
>with a hypothetical situation you just made up
I dunno, seems more likely you're just a dick tbph
>>
>>7776301
hahaha, touché, top kek mate
>>
>>7776017
Nah, if the guy was attractive you better 50 pleb girls would like it too.
>>
>>7776281
this.
>>
>>7776012
This doesn't even make sense

Sage for worthless rage bait thread
>>
How long until literature goes the way of science and video games? We just need some shit tier show like The Big Bang Theory to come along and make literature and reading popular with the masses again for it to happen.
>>
File: 1457144568168.jpg (23KB, 537x416px) Image search: [Google]
1457144568168.jpg
23KB, 537x416px
>>7776012
>that Western Canon mixed with Douglas Adams and sci fi books
>>
>>7776012

Some people need to validate their hobbies, both in the eyes of themselves and in the eyes of others. So they post gay shit like this to help prove to everyone they aren't missing out on anything when they choose to stay in and read.
>>
>>7776017
All shit games
>>
>>7776282
Good post
>>
>>7776261
Yes, these are the Barnes and Noble classic hardbounds
>>
>>7776281
/threas
>>7776282
9gag tier
>>
>>7776261
Barnes and Noble, most of them are entry level books though. They were designs too make you look "intellectual" when people walk in and see your bookshelf.
>>
>>7776012
people who share this image without irony are also the people who buy those barnes and noble or folio editions because they think they "Class up" their bookshelves

prove me wrong.
>>
>>7777177
B&N yes, Folio no. If you're buying things from B&N you're probably too poor to afford anything from Folio. It's the overpriced version of the same type of gaudy "classy" kitsch.
>>
>>7776012
Did this nigga really buy every barnes and noble special edition. What the hell.
>>
>>7776041
D'awwwww
*hugs*
>>
>>7777333
It's a photo in a bookshop, twerp.
>>
File: stirner.jpg (78KB, 542x535px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.jpg
78KB, 542x535px
Moral spooks everywhere. Time for some ghostbusting.
>>
>>7776017
Yes anon we get it, people are nicer to girls. This isn't actually /lit/ related is it?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.