[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most beautiful sounding words, in any language?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: 841922.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
841922.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
What are the most beautiful sounding words, in any language? I like "Madrugada." It's Portuguese, referring to the time when the sky is blue just before sunrise.
>>
C'est la d'or.
>>
Familjegrav
>>
Kurwa mać
Ja pierdole
>>
Serendipity
Cerulean
Obsequious
Areola
Thalidomide
>>
>>7764829
Shit taste desu.
>>
Argolid
Alopex
Peloponnesus
Areopoli
Arcadia
Kronos
Corinthian
Doric
Elysian

The Greeks' highest achievement was phonetic bliss
>>
>>7764793
>I like "Madrugada." It's Portuguese

It's Spanish also.
>>
Pinpilinpauxa
Trencadís
Pizpireta
>>
>>7764890
That's because Portuguese is just Spanish with an extra chromosome
>>
kjærleik
>>
>>7764793

Crepuscular

Kind of related, I guess.
>>
Bioluminescence - when a living organism (animal, plant, fungi) emits a glow
>>
Stroopwafel
>>
>>7765093
nice
>>
>>7764793
>>7764890
>>7764897
The spanish definition is different tho.
Madrugada is just the period of time between midnight and sunrise, no relation with the colour of the sky.
Portuguese:
https://www.priberam.pt/DLPO/madrugada
Spanish:
http://dle.rae.es/?id=Nqwq5nq
>>
Jutrzenka means Aurora
Кoшкa means cat/pussy
>>
>>7765112
>no relation with the colour of the sky.

I was just describing that period. Is the sky ever a colour that isn't blue during Madrugada?
>>
I like Götterdämmerung.

It's like you can see it happen while pronouncing it.
>>
grey, if it's cloudy?

Red, if it's the apocalypse.
>>
>>7764793
>It's Portuguese
Ladrones.
>>
>>7765123
>I was just describing that period. Is the sky ever a colour that isn't blue during Madrugada?
Yes. Depending on the phases of the moon, the city lights, clouds in the sky, etc. it can be pitch black, purple, blue, orange-ish...
Have you ever go out at night?

Spanish (and i think portuguese too) has a word for the clarity in the sky just before sunrise like in OP's pic: alborada.

>>7765183
It all comes from the latin, m8
>>
>>7764793
Não é, otário, ninguém usa madrugada para se referir ao crepúsculo ou alvorada. Madrugar = trabalhar à noite.
>>
>>7764816
>Famljegrav
>not Skogsvindsackord
>>
>>7764877
Those are not pronounced the way you think they are.
>>
>>7765212
> it's pitch black at 5am
>>
apricity
>>
>>7764819
this
>>
serein
>>
>>7765346
in winter, maybe
>>
>>7764793
Like a conceptually beautiful word or just phonetically? If the latter, then

>Presque
>>
>>7764793
>Spanish
Celestial
Tinieblas

>English
Kek
>>
>>7766778
Nabokov uses kek, it checks out
>>
>>7766778
kek is an orcish word
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAwS2Zs59lc
The entire Icelandic language is aesthetically sensual
Just never try to learn it
>>
>>7765093
boring
if you're working in english then at least pick saxon words
>>
>>7764877 i live close to Areopoli
>>
Lolita
>>
>>7766967
>Just never try to learn it
Reminded me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMz3gjl9x-M

"his mind is like a wacuum cleaner"
>>
Poo
Just
Meme
Oink
>>
>>7765249
Indeed not, the rd cluster at the and ruins it.
>>
>>7764793
I love reading "tempestuous" and "Nantucketer" while reading Moby Dick. "Nantucketer" just has a great, fun rhythm to its pronunciation and "tempestuous" could be a single-word sentence and it'd give you images of the setting, conflict and atmosphere all in that one word.
>>
木漏れ日
五月雨
物心
輪廻
>>
cunctation
>>
>>7764793
It's called dawn.
>>
Reading the Picture of Dorian Gray and the use of the word "cried" in the dialogue is immensely moving to me.
I guess it's not beautiful in and of itself, but as the narrative flows it just shows such a theatrical flourish that I'm in love each time someone cries out.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.