[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/tv/ has the Oscars >/v/ has e3 >what does /lit/ have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: prix-goncourt.jpg (52KB, 620x464px) Image search: [Google]
prix-goncourt.jpg
52KB, 620x464px
>/tv/ has the Oscars
>/v/ has e3
>what does /lit/ have ?

Imo the most important event all year round for literature would be the Goncourt prize but there's hardly any discussion about it when it is announced, maybe even the people taking literature as a main source of escapism/entertainment conceive it as a dead media with nothing new to deliver ? On the positive side it can be seen as a meme proof media that focuses on the essentials and not on the latest trends ?
>>
>>7754727
The Nobel Prize in Lit.

We have had lots of threads for it every year. I still remember the thread where Llosa won it.
>>
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/
I think there are probably more prizes for writing than any other media. How are you not aware of this? And the Goncourt prize the most important one? That's Francophone lit ONLY. That's retarded.
>>
>>7754739
OP is French. You can tell by the way he puts a space between the end of the sentence and the punctuation. Naturally he thinks he's the center of the world. Americans do too, hence the backlash from /lit/ in all the Nobel threads about the lack of American winners lately.
>>
>>7754734
I never noticed them, there are so many meme threads at any given time here that they just went right over my head I guess

>>7754739
Just because there are a lot of prizes doesn't mean that they are widely discussed or that they are relevant. Sure there are lots of competitions for college or open to specific categories of people and lots of people will join because it's more easy than submitting something to a film festival ofc but that doesn't mean the output will be something interesting

Also language matters more for literature than for other media so I can say that a prize in a given language is the most important if I'm biased towards it tbphwyfam
>>
>>7754727
>most important event all year round for literature would be the Goncourt prize

>most important event is for french literature

fucking

kek

the most "important" is probably nobel or man booker but they're both jokes really
>>
>>7754761
>Just because there are a lot of prizes doesn't mean that they are widely discussed or that they are relevant
You do understand that, for there to be prizes, lots of people have to invest time and money into funding and carrying them out?
Okay, I'm sure that Goncourt get lots of important submissions from all the francophone countries worldwide. That's what, France, Nigeria and the backwoods of Canada? gg
>>
op proves, once again, that frenchfags truly are among the most retarded posters on /lit/
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.