[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate geniuses. Scientists, mathematicians, chess champions,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: cdn_well_l_51763_large.jpg (89KB, 944x658px) Image search: [Google]
cdn_well_l_51763_large.jpg
89KB, 944x658px
I hate geniuses.

Scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious detectives, prodigious economists, astronomers and other technical prodigies have one disappointing trait in common. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't), I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.

Geniuses have this false reputation. I foolishly believed these folks were pleasantly dramatic. There is a misconception about aura of geniuses. I naively surmised standing near them gives wonderful sensations. I had expected that presence of genius creates surreal emotion. I was wrong.
>>
seems like the problem is with u not them
>>
>>7753948
And so you hate them? You've just found out that they're people like everyone else, so despite their high skill or intelligence, this revelation causes you to hate them? You're the one who thinks they're a genius and should be some sort of larger-than-life character, that expectation and failure is your own. To them, they're just a regular person. Stop fantasizing about real people and get over yourself
>>
>>7753964
I am very down to earth, no show off kind of a guy everybody in my family calls me mature. I earn more than an average person from my business(night shift) and now I am in my mid 27.

Well I happen to meet a girl at my cousin's house party where he invited all of his friends with their wives. One of his friend came along with with his sister in law all aswell. It was a taansh (poker) party along with dribks n all which is a ritual in my family during Diwali. Now let me describe about the girl. She is beautiful, drinks a lot (probably she drank more whisky than me), very smart (won a lot of money from all of us )and i was bowled over by her energy and mesmerisingly loosing from her to get attention. I was not aware that my cousin's friend actually asked my brother if he knows a good match for her and he told them about me so probably she knew about all of this. She was very open minded and it seemed like she was true to her nature that day and not hiding anything coz if she wanted to pretend she could have become a typical house women kind of girl.

Now my problem. I am a workaholic so my routine is from home to office and office to home and in between time I manage my family n friends. So my priorities are clear I.e family - business -then masti(friend). Now my parents are very understanding but being born in 1950's they are a little Orthodox little means they are that open that they allow my cousin brothers n Bhabhi to freely drink at our house which they do not enjoy in any other cousins house. The biggest problem is that the girl is working in a private jet internnational airlines since 4years. I have a friend (very close friend male) who has worked in spicejet and then one of my friends works in indigo as a pilot(female also very close friend) and they have told me a lot of stories about how the cabin crew will not mind sleeping with each other n drinks a lot coz they party a lot n in international flights the layovers can be even for up to 3-3 days obviously it's not applicable to every flight attendant. Now my friend is telling me that I am a very conservative n mature guy so I might be having problems with trust issues coz her profession makes her meet new people all the time n she being not at home for 7 or 10 days in a stretch will impact both of our lives. I haven't met the girl officially though they are asking my brother if they can plan to meet. I know that I am presuming a lot without meeting her but that is my observation till now.

There are only 2 concerns.
1. Can she be trusted( the way she drinks n also being so beautiful she is) keeping her profession in mind.
2. I don't want any future clashes with my family( she is very blunt n careless as it seems till now)
3. I can get any other girl since I am not ready financially but her personality kind of attracts me and now I am now totally confused as you can see.

But in any case I will be meeting her next Sunday officially so wanted to ask you guys for an opinion.
>>
>>7753948
It's funny you should make this thread. The kind of value my fiancee gets in industry is mind-boggling. Project managers fight with each other for her inclusion in their team. Previous company's superiors request her to return to their company. All this is NOT due to hardwork. Hardwork has a limit and everyone reaches that limit. What makes her outstanding then? I think it is because my fiancee is some kind of Einstein.
>>
>>7753974
So I finally met the girl and it was a pretty good conversations we had.
Pros

She was very on your face kind of a girl(She speaks her heart out whether you like it or not) i.e she will not hide things probably
She was weird in the sense that I am a kind of a guy who speaks less and conservative her personality is fun loving and enjoying.(not boring kind of girls)
She has seen the worse and the good in her life just like me who started from scratch and was not born with a golden spoon
She is hot as hell and can carry herself well
She drinks but does not smoke and I need a girl who enjoyes herself
She is independent
She has guts coz she not only said all goodies about her but also her bad things.
Her family is very caring and concerned about her well being. (Her Jiju and her sister who is my cousins best friend was asking me very valid questions which shows that they have a lot of love and bindings in her family)

Cons
She is confused with her job probably not happy with it. Told me that her schedule is not fixed. She can be asked to fly on a short notice of just 1hr. Sometimes she will fly 5 days in a month and sometimes even 25days a month. But told me that she loves flying and have a lot of friends in the flying industry
She said she is an atheist and does not like to follow Tuesday and traditions and all the illogical religious things. I said I do not wanna follow it myself but I do it for my parents so that they don't feel bad, for this I could not get a convincing answer.
She said she has a big ego problem and sometimes she has a lot of problem saying sorry.
She told me about flying culture that it involves a lot of drinking with the same staff most of the time coz she knows all of them almost. As she does not like to be confined in a hotel room she likes to hangout, do shopping and drinking with the crew during Layovers.(for me it makes me a little insecure coz I hardly know her and her friends)
I am little concerned about the blunt nature she has which can make her land in complicated situation.
When I asked her that what if she wants to maybe on a ground staff she said she does not wanna do that coz they offer peanuts as salary.

Finally

We exchanged Facebook profiles and concluded that we will meet again and chat on Facebook
I was under this impression that after meeting her I will have a clear picture but it seems I am more confused so I will appreciate all of your advise and I love what you guys are doing.
>>
>>7753990
i can understand bro she is boeing 747 n ur bajaj chetak. sorry if it is offensive. i think u r thinking too much and spend most of ur time judging people. as u urself said she started frm scratch that means she is self made. people who r self made are arrogant that doesnt mean they r bad. i dont see any fault in her. she is a free bird coz she took it on her to fly in the sky. so i think u didnt ask some basic questions like wht she thinks marriage as a institution like kids. also wht she plan if u both get married like on professional front.i hv seen gals smoke and drink that doesnt means they r characterless. this u hv to understand first. living life on ur own terms is a difficult affair. i would suggest take some more time time to know her before giving verdict.
>>
>>7753991
Wife? Highly unlikely she is looking for that. First things first. She is clearly a liberal minded girl, you need to have sex with her. If it is good sex, keep a friends with benefits relationship with her. Otherwise, she is probably not wife quality.
>>
>>7753991
congratulation, you get that you are a beta.

continue to be infatuated with the few girls who notice your existence, provide for them and do not be reluctant to eat their pussy. you know that you are nothing without women ! good lad !
>>
>>7754007
You remind me of the classic - "Learning to Fly" Tongue-tied, twisted, just an earth bound misfit I....

A fatal attraction is holding me fast...How can I escape this irresistible grasp?

Let me share the tagline of Virgin Atlantic Airways - "More experience than our name suggests"

Safe landing boss.
>>
>>7753974
>>7753991
what religion are you? you sound very conservative maybe this isn't the ideal girl for you but if i were you i'd go for it because you never know
>>
So what started off as invective against the tendency to confuse wit and genius turned out as an /r9k/ dating thread where the pros and cons of dating a seemingly average career-oriented woman are weighed without a real sense of conflict on your part. Considering all this, I say go for it.
>>
>>7753948
>>7753974
>>7753991
is this supposed to be the same guy? because i don't understand the connection between op and the guy looking for a wife
>>
>>7754037
Hindu
>>
>>7754051
Though as was said I do not observe the Tuesday sometimes
>>
I see everyone getting good answers/suggestions so I thought I should post my problem too! :-D I am male in my mid 20's. I have been masturbating from a young age. In the early years it felt good but now it feels horrible!! I don't remember exact year but I think from when I was 18-19years it felt horrible just after ejaculating every single time. I felt quite guilty. I say to myself I won't do this again but I then I get the urge , I do it and I feel emptiness sort of thing. I feel like something is taken away from me. I can feel my energy quiet high just before ejaculation. But I feel like am completely drained energy wise the very next moment after ejaculating. and it takes me several hours if not minutes to get back to normal. I have noticed mood swings too before and after doing the job. Like I am high before doing it and low/depressed for quiet sometime after doing it. I just wish to lie down after doing the job.... My time gets wasted because of this. I can't discuss this thing with my parents since am already grown up and also they are way too conservative , not much modern you know. Hence I could never discuss this problem or even topics like that when I was young. I don't know how to get past this. I don't know if this is a kind of disease or is it a psychological condition. Now this problem is bothering me everyday as to why I cant feel normal after doing it. Or am I normal? or thinking way too much?? I have questions/doubts regarding ejaculation also. Like whether it depletes calcium from your body etc. etc.... please no harsh comments. Thanks.
>>
>>7754064
Hey this isn't a masturbations forum
I was just angry as the girl was massive smart
>>
>>7754007

>people who equate eating pussy with lack of assertiveness

Boy, you sound smart.
>>
NEET, the thread.
>>
>>7754265
>>7754046
insecure little boys
>>
>>7753948
Jealous low-iq brainlet
>>
File: 1452496215250.jpg (64KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
1452496215250.jpg
64KB, 500x586px
>>7753948
>I hate geniuses.
I've found the perfect ideology for you.
>>
>>7754317
>insecure little boys
This.

The amount of men that just seem on edge and insecure when they find out that I'm a woman in science is hilarious.

Men, including many on here, always moan that they want an intelligent woman however when they meet one they feel threatened.

Men just want a girl who is a little bit of a bimbo so that they are able to stay confident of their own superiority.
>>
>>7753974
Why the fuck are you posting this in this thread? Can you not write "and"? And can you count up to 5?
>>
>>7753948
This is an interesting post. The thread, not so much, because some fucking idiots are trying to turn it into their private Meetic.

Anyways, how did you learn you were wrong?
>>
>>7755010
I'm really worried about experiencing this sort of thing when I finish my degree

It won't be funny to me, just annoying and sad
>>
>>7755111
You mean you haven't experienced it yet?!
I experienced it as soon as I came to university.

It was annoying at first but then I gave up and just found it funny
>>
>>7755173
To be an air hostess the first qualification is you should be unmarried. The moment she gets married she loses her job . Either she might be offered on the ground or she has to completely leave the field of flying. Now have a rethink on her nature,her friends and get back to us !!

Unless she works with air india
>>
>>7753948
>I'm a pleb and I am trying to be sophisticated
>>
>>7753948
Breaking news, faggot, but geniuses aren't some higher lifeforms. Most of them are people who happen to be exceptional at one or two things, and that's it.

Why you got it into your head that the experience would be something greater than what you'd get from a normal person escapes me.
>>
Ironic because judging by your post here you seem insufferable yourself
>>
>>7756438
>Why you got it into your head that the experience would be something greater than what you'd get from a normal person escapes me.

Hollywood

Just watch Good Will Hunting and you'll understand dumb ideas about genius
>>
>>7756454
>>7756400
Abe tum dono chutiya ho. Bhad me jao

She cant be working as Air Hostess all her life and at some point in time she wd have to retire. Good part would be you may then have a wife who would have more time for you, On the negative side, she wont be able to leave the social status she has been living like drinking, shopping etc and guess the burden may then come on your shoulders. How open would you be for that?
>>
File: 1247843037_1.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1247843037_1.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
Wtf is going on in this thread?
>>
>>7756942
no.
>>
>>7753948
The unfortunate people who are boring are either born like that or become like that due to infancy accidents (oxygen deprivation/injury to brain) or due to appendix operation. While they are at it they don’t realize they are boring the listeners. Once they are born or become like that they remain that way whole life. Nothing can be done about it. You have to sympathize with boring people. They can’t make friends, go for dating, cheer up their family and it may also affect their professional career. It’s a handicap.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.