[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Reading Greek and Roman classics >Not reading them in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

>Reading Greek and Roman classics
>Not reading them in the original
>Being this uneducated

How do you live with yourself, /lit/?
>>
>>7745609
fortes fortuna adiuvat
>>
>Obama
>Being liberal
>Being this uneducated
How do you live with yourself, cuck?
>>
I have OP, can you say the same?
>>
>learning dead languages to read dated books
>not learning French, Russian and German so you can read most of the relevant and innovative works of literature and philosophy ever
>>
>>7745703
i personally plan on learning french and russian in my free time, but is german worth studying if you aren't big on philosophy.
>>
>>7745703
>not knowing Latin, Greek, German and French anyways
Must suck being a monolingual Anglo that gets frustrated by learning a few languages.

>Russian
>>
>>7745644
Yes, I'm currently getting my Ph.D. in Classics. I can read Ancient Greek, Latin, German, French, Italian, and Spanish.
>>
File: Peasant.jpg (318KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
Peasant.jpg
318KB, 960x895px
I barely have enough time to read, let alone learn dead languages that don't have much use beyond reading the classics of which i already said i don't have a lot of time to do in the first place.
>>
>>7745711
Russia has better poetry and novels than Germany or England.
>>
>>7745706
Not the anon you replied to, but you can read Franz Kafka's work in the original German. The language he uses isn't that difficult to get your head around if you're learning German. It's worth it if you're interested, but if you're ignoring German philosophers you won't really miss out if you don't learn German.
>>
>all the dirty bits are in greek
>i should tell other people to grow up
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.