[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for books that have the sort of super surreal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_n1jm41gpkN1r3dntio1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1851px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1jm41gpkN1r3dntio1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1851px
I'm looking for books that have the sort of super surreal existential feeling like ghost in the shell, akira, or the brief bits I've seen of paprika.
>>
Just watch more Satoshi Kon, especially Perfect Blue
>>
>>7733348
How do you see brief bits of a movie? Is it that hard to marathon the whole thing?

As for books, if you like Mamoru Oshii read Phillip K. Dick (Ubik, The Man in the High Castle, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch) and Robert Anton Wilson (Prometheus Rising).
>>
>>7733348
100 Years of Solitude.
>>
>>7733418
>7733418
I just tried reading the first couple pages of this book and it was just a bunch of boring stuff about discovering magnets and magnifying glasses in ancient times.
>>
>>7733348
>>
>>7733418
My favorite novel.

House of Leaves OP?
>>
>>7733348
The Journal of Albion Moonlight
>>
You should read 'Ficciones' or 'El Aleph', of Jorge Luis Borges.
>>
File: neuromancerfront.jpg (103KB, 607x1022px) Image search: [Google]
neuromancerfront.jpg
103KB, 607x1022px
>>7733348
William Gibson - Neuromancer
Alfred Bester - The Stars My Destination
>>
>>7733348
>>7733349

This OP, actually watch paprika its bretty good
>>
>>7733348

Kafka on the shore
>>
>>7737339
>>7733349
This OP, Kon is a fucking genius. Start with Magnetic Zero
>>
>>7737404

You mean Magnetic Rose? That's a fine piece and all but I don't know why you'd start with it. It's not particularly indicative of his style.
>>
his best work is undoubtedly millennium actress.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.