[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The 46th word from the beginning of Psalm 46 is "shake"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (662KB, 1943x2490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
662KB, 1943x2490px
>The 46th word from the beginning of Psalm 46 is "shake"
>The 46th word from the end of Psalm 46 is is "spear".
what did God mean by this?
>>
'Francis Bacon'
>>
>>7716797
Go to bed Tommy.
>>
God didn't write it in English
>>
>>7716797
Right, because instead of putting a tangible, irrefutable proof of a future legend of literature, God instead decides to put in some very vague, cryptic wankery easily attributed to random chance.
>>
>>7716797
>>7716809
Shakespeare did that part of the translation. Being a bit of a sly cunt.
>>
>>7716797
thank you for bringing this up ruggles
>>
>>7716817
God works in autistic ways
>>
>>7716797
Are there any stylistic similarities between Shakespeare's sonnets and the KJB?

The KJB was a translation. Wouldn't Shakespeare have to be a very educated scholar in order to translate the Latin texts among others?

idk. it seems unlikely to me that the king would evoke the help of a playwright to write the bible. After all, Shakespeare's work weren't recognized as masterpieces of the English language until the late18th century.
>>
>>7716817
>>7716824
Baited
>>
>>7716824
>After all, Shakespeare's work weren't recognized as masterpieces of the English language until the late18th century.

oh yes they were mate
>>
>>7716797
he was patrician af desu
>>
>>7716797
>>The 46th word from the beginning of Psalm 46 is "shake"

no it isnt
>>
>>7716866
KJV
>>
>>7716896
>poorly translated pleb shit
stick to P&V senpai
>>
>>7716800
>>7716818
>>7716824
Francis Bacon was asked to review and polish the KJV Bible after it was supposedly translated by the official translators we attribute it to --- however, this has given rise to theories that it was Bacon himself that wrote the majority of the KJV-translation and gave it such a shining style that it's still renowned for.

>It was in recognition of Bacon's intellectual accomplishments that King James turned over to him the translators' manuscripts of what is now known as the King James Bible for the presumable purpose of checking, editing, and revising them. The documents remained in his hands for nearly a year, but no information is to be had concerning what occurred in that time. Regarding this work, William T. Smedley writes: " It will eventually be proved that the whole scheme of the Authorised Version of the Bible was Francis Bacon's." (See The Mystery of Francis Bacon.) The first edition of the King James Bible contains a cryptic Baconian headpiece. Did Bacon cryptographically conceal in the Authorized Bible that which he dared not literally reveal in the text--the secret Rosicrucian key to mystic and Masonic Christianity?
Manly P. Hall

In fact, Hall's whole chapter on Bacon/Shakespeare is an read extraordinary, if you have the time and patience for it: http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta41.htm
>>
>>7717084
Been wanting to read him. Not sure if he's legit but he sure seems interesting.
>>
>>7716797
46??
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 659x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 659x800px
>>7716797
Looks like a Jonathan Richardson original.
>>
>>7716797
Please brainstorm your plot ideas somewhere else, Dan Brown.
>>
I've only seen Shakespeare's film adaptations. Never read his plays.
>>
>>7716797

Shakespeare has stood in the exact spot I am sitting now.

Feels good to own a house in Stratford-upon-avon built in the 1500's
>>
>>7720055
I'd love to live un Stratford-upon-Avon. Went there just a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the best towns I've ever visited. Is it expensive to live there? Can I go and live with you?
>>
>>7720101

I was actually lying, but it would be a fantasy of mine, I do work there though, and it is one of the best towns I've ever been to.

Where abouts did you go anon?
>>
there's a "420 blaze it" reference in the KJV too

looks like Shakespeare liked to rip a bong or two
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.