[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you guys ever read this one? http://www.lrb.co.uk/v18/n14/d

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

you guys ever read this one?

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v18/n14/dale-peck/well-duh
>>
notable excerpt:

>Pynchon does have his admirers, and he also has his followers, or people who are labelled his followers, and they do keep cropping up. I think there’s more than a little Pynchon floating around John Kennedy Toole, whose A Confederacy of Dunces is a book nearly as bloated as its protagonist; Don DeLillo’s social, um, satires owe more than a little to Pynchon’s work; and in a recent essay in Harper’s magazine the young novelist Jonathan Franzen declares Pynchon a personal hero. David Foster Wallace moves beyond admiration to adulation – if not, to put it more plainly, outright imitation. It is, in fact, a virtuoso performance that has eclipsed its progenitor: Wallace out-Pynchons Pynchon, and his third book, Infinite Jest, may well be the first novel to out-Gravity’s Rainbow Gravity’s Rainbow.
>>
>>7711607
>starting threads with pictures of beautiful women

Why does everybody do this here? It lnly serves to make me sad.
>>
>>7711700
same.
>tfw never be a beautiful girl
>tfw if i was a beautiful girl my ex would have never left me
>tfw biscum gonna biscum ;~;
>>
>>7711610
So Infinite Jest is better than Gravity's Rainbow.... Confirmed?
>>
>>7711610
I like this guy, he's on point about Toole and DeLillo
>>
File: tfwnogf.jpg (74KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnogf.jpg
74KB, 500x667px
>>7711700
Not OP, but if you post tfwnogf inducing pics, people will bump your thread if it doesn't go well by itself
webm's of car accidents or animals killing themselves also work, on red boards
>>
>>7711700
>>7711709
That's probably the whole point honestly
>>
>In May 2011, Peck's criticism of Jewish-American literature in which he claimed "[I]f I have to read another book about the Holocaust, I’ll kill a Jew myself" prompted a public outcry. His editors later removed the statement from his article.[7]

Dale Peck confirmed for a God
>>
>>7711700
>that
>beautiful
>>
>>7711607
wow her looks are going downhill, and I guess it will only get worse from nw on.
I think she went to NYU, and dated either zach or cody? from that fucking disney show.

at least at about 45 ill look better than all the women who look better than me now, when they turn 45, let alone 60.

:-)
>>
>>7711607
Why do you guys constantly post pictures that make me sad
>>
File: CaEeku5UUAAwPfM.jpg (52KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
CaEeku5UUAAwPfM.jpg
52KB, 600x471px
>>7711700
>>7711709
>>7712187
https://www.instagram.com/breemorganb/
>>
>>7712204
Life is so unfair
>>
>>7712204
I would hate fuck her while wearing vote bernie so hard in the arse
>>
>>7712204
Plank desu.
>>
dale peck is such a fun reviewer. love his take downs. esp of moody.
>>
>>7712204
fml
>>
>>7712204
Ugly as fuck
>>
>>7711607

What's his name?
>>
>>7712204
passable trap
>>
>>7712204
an entire website dedicated to photos of herself

can you imagine being so thoroughly conceited?

she has dedicated her life to admiring herself
>>
>>7711607
>Given a choice between pathos and bathos, Pynchon errs on the side of farcical melodrama again and again (and again), and while I admire him for his efforts to undermine traditional narrative tyranny with humour rather than resorting to a Barth-style hatchet job, all four of his novels offer the same one-dimensional commentary on contemporary US society, and, in the end, a thirty-year writing career hasn’t produced a single memorable or even recognisably human character.

Pic related-ed. What a fucking hack.
>>
>>7712550
That's not a trap.
>>
>>7712204
>>7711607
Someone rape this girl already.
>>
>>7712204
>weebtrash
Someone set her on fire
>>
>>7712559
an entire book dedicated to their thoughts and think they are worthy of publication

can you imagine authors being so thoroughly conceited?

they have dedicated their lives to thinking they have something worth saying
>>
>>7712800
>t. autist addicted to social media
>>
>>7712070
Why do Jews hate comedy?
>>
>>7712781
she looks like one of those girls who was """"raped"""" by her ex or smth desu
>>
>>7712804
Virtually half of famous American stand up comedians have Jewish blood.

Jews tend to be sensitive about antisemitism, I don't know, because of the multimillenial persecution thing
>>
A shallow reader, diving for a few pearls in one of the richest ecosystems in the world. (At least regarding Pinecone. I could give a fuck what he says about Wallace.)
>>
>>7712204
> Vote for Bernie t-shirt
DROPPED. For Instagram whores she's not even that hot.
>>
>>7712817
That joke was not antisemitic. It was against other books on the holocaust.
>>7712812
I meant a real rape, not sex she will feel bad about afterwards.
>>
>>7712802
Nah more that Im not a sperg that hates social media for no reason.

Im not a bitter outcast that shuns society because it doesnt "accept me" seems like you are though
>>
>>7712832
Youre an edgy guy

for me
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.