[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im 100 pages into this and im considering dropping it. Its "funny"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Confederacy_of_dunces_cover[1].jpg (85KB, 295x453px) Image search: [Google]
Confederacy_of_dunces_cover[1].jpg
85KB, 295x453px
Im 100 pages into this and im considering dropping it. Its "funny" yeah, but i feel like im wasting my time.
>>
Now I know.
>>
All the pieces come together anon, and anyway it's shameful to drop out of a work of literature without seeing it through to the end.
>>
If you're enjoying it (which I assume you are - you might not be) why not continue it? It's not like you were going to spend your time on something better. On the other hand, if you're not enjoying it, drop it and find something you do enjoy. No reason to suffer through something you do of your own free will.
>>
>>7710473
>it's shameful to drop out of a work of literature without seeing it through to the end.
I disagree. When there's so much out there to be read, literally more than you could ever hope to read in a lifetime, why waste time on something you don't enjoy? That said, in the case of Confederacy of Dunces, I agree it's worth powering through.
>>
>>7710473
>All the pieces come together anon

They only come together in the way a sitcom's various plots come together. It's not like the book starts to become more thematically resonant or anything.
>>
>>7710465
nice blog
>>
Skip to 6:00 to see what Borges had to say on reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAM2NJnv3Dk&
>>
>>7710465
It's mostly the same throughout.
>>
How important your time must be for comedic literature to be below you.
>>
>>7712022
Im not sure it's high-comedic literature though and i have published a satirical booklet. Oh yes, i am the master of comedy. Ooh yes.
>>
>>7712022
And is the rank of literature like this for you? comedy > drama or something?
>>
I actually did drop this book and I kind of feel bad, maybe I'll come back and finish it
>>
File: 1449429595512.png (110KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1449429595512.png
110KB, 256x256px
>>7710465
You just summed up how I feel about life, OP.
>>
>>7712017
yeah, you probably only need to read 100 pages of this. read up to the part where he sells hot dogs though, that's pretty good.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.