[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some unwritten rules about poetry: 1-Although rhythm, assonance,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Some unwritten rules about poetry:

1-Although rhythm, assonance, alliteration (the whole question of musicality, and even rhyme, when it comes to rhyming poetry) are important, and although the feeling or idea that the poem communicates is a valid and significant thing, it is the metaphor and the imagery the greatest aspect of poetry. Young poet, above all other things, work on your imagery.

2- Having in mind the rule nÂș 1, it must be said that you can produce good poems without using metaphors, but if you do not master this tool and use it frequently in your literature your work will lack much of what is most beautiful in poetry, and therefore you will be a minor poet.

3-Only poets who bet everything in the musicality of their verses will actually lose all their value in the translation. Poets who make use of an inventive, effervescent, strange and original language: poets who use metaphors and new ways of seeing the world (who see strange combinations of things that were alien before): such poets will be valued and read and cause brain amazements and chills in the marrow even in translation.

4-The story-teller poet, the one who writes epic poems, or plays (in short, the poet who creates characters and plots) will always be celebrated and valued and read much more than the lyric poet.

5-A poet that can only be appreciated in its original language and lose everything in translation is undoubtedly a minor poet. An example: Pushkin (even if the Russians insist on his god-like powers).

6-Ideas, philosophies, beliefs, messages: all these things are inferior to language when it comes to poetry. A poet who mastered the language (and especially metaphor and imagery) that writes a poem about a flea would have produced a more meaningful poem than a mediocre poet who produces a poem about freedom, universal love, or a poem proposing a new philosophy.
>>
op, how high are you right now?
>>
>>7689298

Not high, just sleepy as fuck. Woke up a few minutes ago. I am drinking strong coffee right now.
>>
>>7689269

This is right, actually
>>
>>7689269
8/10 post
>>
>>7689457

why? is shit
>>
>>7689719
write a better one then
>>
>>7689269

nice pic
>>
>>7689269
Why do you say Pushkin is a minor poet?
>>
>>7689827
Only Russians read him, a lot is lost in translation.
>>
>>7689846
Yeah, but why does that make him a minor poet? It kind of sounds like your reasoning is circular. Poets lose a lot in translation because they are minor and poets are minor because they lose a lot in translation.
>>
>>7689846
what exactly is "lost"? the rhyme scheme? it's been translated that way. and if you've ever read him you'd know that pushkin is a narrative based poet, so it's completely readable.
>>
>>7689850
I'm not OP, but reading his rule#3.
Homer isn't minor because the value of his poetry comes from the story, the characters and the metaphors. These things aren't lost in translation. When the value of your poetry is the musical quality and sound of the poems, more of the value is lost in translation.
I've never read pushkin in Russian so I don't know how much is lost, just going by the OP.
>>
>>7689269

I love female backs: they are so beautiful and elegant.
>>
>>7689269

those are actually some very good advices
>>
>>7689269
unwritten rules?
not anymore
>>
>>7690726

set them on stone tablets
>>
>>7689269

bump for interest
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.