[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ what philosophy books can I read so that I may think and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (58KB, 712x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 712x422px
/lit/ what philosophy books can I read so that I may think and act more like Tyler durden? What would he have read? And what's a good chemistry book to read?
>>
The Ego and Its Own by Max Stirner.
>>
The anarchist cookbook
>>
This is an 18+ only website.
>>
>>7683681
Thank you that should cover chemistry

Now what about his philosophy senpai?
>>
>>7683690
This
>>
>>7683690
kek
>>
>>7683658
I mean Fight Club itself was written somewhat like an instruction manual.

The problem is that the 'final step' is always suicide, either literal or egotistical. The entire fucking point behind Fight Club was how dangerous it is to believe that it's worth it to go down that path, in spite of everything else.
>>
Understand Zen Buddhism.
Understanding Nihilism.
Understanding Existentialism.
Understanding Postmodernism.
Understanding Dadaism.
Understanding that all of these are one in the same.
Understand that life is meaningless.
See beyond symbolic meanings.
Understand the relativity of cultural beliefs.
Understanding the absurdity of interpreting certain relative beliefs to be true.
Understanding there is no pre-set meaning to existence.
Understand that since there is nothing to be happy about, there is also nothing to be sad about (“deconstruct” all linguistic dualities).
Stop giving a fuck.
Be free and indifferent (a man without false ideological motive).
And fuck over anyone who tries to avert you from said freedoms.
>>
>>7683658
no book needed, just go read the bill of rights
>>
>>7683674
This along with Society of the Spectacle, The Consumer Society, and Simulacra and Simulation
>>
The theme of Society of the Spectacle is that we no longer live in a society, but, rather, a "spectacle" that is mediated by images (i.e., appearances—the way we look, dress, act, talk, etc. around others). In this spectacle, one must assimilate and conform to the status-quo in order to find a social sense of acceptance. In other words, nothing is genuine or real, but simply a façade. Society is a game of fake and phony rules and courtesies. And we all must play by these socially constructed rules lest we be expelled by the system.
Tyler Durden (in the movie) sought to disestablish the corporate capitalistic system, specifically, since it makes slaves out of its citizens.
The character of Tyler Durden comes across more as an absurdist or existential Marxist than anything else.
>>
>>7684202
The Consumer Society by Baudrillard is a good choice. But there's a lot of theory you have to understand before embarking upon it. As this post (>>7684178) makes mention.
>>
>>7684178
>Understand that since there is nothing to be happy about, there is also nothing to be sad about
I need to remember this desu
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.