[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody else come here from /mu/ cause they got sick of the memes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

anybody else come here from /mu/ cause they got sick of the memes and are desperately hoping they don't suddenly lose interest in books in a couple months
>>
>>7680081
yup
>>
/lit/ is going to turn into /mu/ in a few years.
>>
>>7680081
>tired of memes
>posts meme
Please return to your containment board.
>>
>>7680097
I'd rather it became /tv/. /mu/ is that bad.
>>
File: 1453533860404.jpg (235KB, 1077x944px) Image search: [Google]
1453533860404.jpg
235KB, 1077x944px
/lit/ is a shitboard. Not a single meme has spread to other subchans. Come to /TV/ senpai
>>
>>7680104
So just memes and shitposting?
>>
>>7680097
Not if we make it our goal to have intense and in-depth discussion, and only talk about obscure authors that no one understands.
>>
>>7680081
Yeah but you faggots brought your memeshitposting with you and now /lit/ is shit. Fuck off back to your board.
>>
i think the kid in the pic was a tripfag here even before he went to /mu/ does anyone remember that? wasn't he Quentin or some shit? This would be like...5 years ago??? I have not been here in a while.
>>
>>7680123
no but /lit/'s definitely my main board now, look i checked out like a dozen books from the library all at once that means i'm in the cool kids club right?
>>
you'll find nothing here but fascists

go back to /mu/
>>
>>7680129
>Fantano on /lit/

o i'm laffin'
>>
>>7680104
Wut. Imagine if you don't know much about the subject in question:
>know very little about music
>visit /mu/
>discover some cool interesting music
compared to
>know very little about film
>visit /tv/
>discover Baneposting and child actresses' feet
>>
>>7680132
If you honestly took books out from the library, I hope you read them and they don't gather dust. Despite my cynicism and the shitposting here, we do also have enjoyable conversation about books. If you're totally legitimate, I hope you enjoy what you took out.

What did you take out from the library?
>>
>>7680114
because the memes are about books
>>
>>7680081
Don't make shit threads like this one unless you want /lit/ to end up the same way.
>>
>>7680142
Fuck off pleb
>>
>>7680142
I will give /mu/ and Fantano some credit: I was introduced to dozens of great bands and artists through that place, along with ss which let me get their albums and RYM which introduced me to even more. It's just that afterwards, all that's left on the board is shit

>>7680143
I considered memeing ("oh you know, IJ, ulysses, the basics"), but you seem genuine so I'll post the list

The Iliad
On The Road
The Stranger
Slaughterhouse Five
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Siddhartha
Heart of Darkness
One Hundred Years of Solitude
Catch-22 (read it a couple times before, love it to death)
White Noise
East of Eden
The Metamorphosis
Kafka on the Shore
>>
>>7680168
Good choices, anon. If you haven't started I'd pretty much recommend starting with the shortest and working up to the longer ones.
>>
>>7680168
The Iliad is such a wonderful piece that you should read some peripheral commentaries on it, especially on themes of doom and honour, or you can just find someone to discuss it with. Don't worry about preparing though (also make sure it's a decent translation, I'm partial to Rieu and all against Fagles, who didn't even translate it).
>>
>>7680168
You seem to have done some fair research for good entry-level /lit/, anon. I wish you the best with those works and I wish you'll stay with us for longer to find more literature when you are finished.
>>
>>7680097
/lit/ already is dangerously close to /mu/-tier. I wouldn't say "in a few years", I'd say "in a year".

>>7680081
No, fuck you, go read and don't come back until you've read and understood every book >>7680168 listed.
>>
>>7680104
/lit/ > /mu/ > /tv/
>>
>>7680168
Your library lets you take out that many books?
>>
>>7680284
I got the Lombardo translation cause it was the only copy my library had that I recognized

>>7680345
Yup! That's mostly why I got that many, just because I could. I did feel like an asshole walking out with two plastic bags full of books, though

>>7680332
I got bad news: I am OP
>>
File: 14741853631150131980.png (13KB, 970x125px) Image search: [Google]
14741853631150131980.png
13KB, 970x125px
What I hate most about /mu/tants is that they try to emanate an aura of superiority based on their music taste alone, even though they haven't read a book since high school, even when they are discussing some topic other than music

What's even worse is that their tastes are dictated by other shitposters as is their stupid sense of humor

I have never had one meaningful discussion about music on this site
>>
>>7680081
yea
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.