[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australia is the centre of contemporary poetry. Can anyone prove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: chris wallace crabbe.jpg (44KB, 400x535px) Image search: [Google]
chris wallace crabbe.jpg
44KB, 400x535px
Australia is the centre of contemporary poetry. Can anyone prove me wrong? Didn't think so
>>
>contemporary
>poetry
>>
>>7633569
I've never heard of an Australian poet.
It would sound funny in their silly accent.
>>
>>7633569
Asserted w/o evidence = dismissed w/o evidence
>>
>>7633569
1. rule of poetry is that the centre cannot hold, faggot. Your point is falling apart.
>>
>>7633574

Don't be logical, play my game please.
>>
>>7633569
why would the poetry capital of the world and the white trash capital of the world be the same country?
>>
>australia
>nuance

my sides
>>
Do you have to be part bogan to be an Australian poet, like here in Canada?
>>
I've been meaning to read some Les Murray. What are your thoughts on him?
>>
>>7633569
>poetry
is that what they call shitposting down there?
>>
>>7634031
lel
>>
The shame of my life is that I was born in New Zealand. Knowing that I wasn't born in Australia is the only thing that keeps me going in life.
>>
>>7634003

What's the Canadian equivalent of a bogan? Do you have to appeal to that to be a good Canadian poet? I would say in Australia: no. Most good poets I know are university educated, have lived in Europe, fluent in a few other languages and are essentially the opposite of a bogan. Take Chris Wallace-Crabbe, pictured in the OP: he studied at Yale, taught at Harvard and translated a bunch of Italian poetry.
>>
File: 1445984800932.jpg (67KB, 614x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1445984800932.jpg
67KB, 614x1024px
>Australia is the centre of contemporary poetry. Does anyone care? Didn't think so

ftfy
>>
Who thinks in literature as region based? Are you from /int/ or something?
>>
Srs question. How do I learn to write properly constructed poetry? Should I just wikipedia some stuff and get writing ?
>>
>>7635658
We call them the trailer park boys
>>
>>7635837
read poems, read glyn maxwell on poetry, write poems
>>
>>7635858
My sides
>>
>>7635837
Don't even try; poetry is dead, it has been for a while. There's no way you'll come up with something truly poetical or relevant.
>>
>>7633569
>Australia is the centre of contemporary poetry.
How many words rhyme with "cunt", "banter", "spousal abuse", and "alcohol poisoning"?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.