[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you listen to audiobooks /lit/? I've tried to, but unless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: Disaster Artist.jpg (92KB, 405x612px) Image search: [Google]
Disaster Artist.jpg
92KB, 405x612px
Do you listen to audiobooks /lit/?

I've tried to, but unless the narrator has a deep baritone voice, I find them absolutely unlistenable; female voices particularly are terrible.

Honestly The Disaster Artist is probably the only book made better in audio form due to Greg's fantastic Tommy impressions as well as narrating his own story.
>>
>>7628466
Female voices are simply inferior to male in all respects. It's because women simply don't understand the ethical, aesthetic, and spiritual import of being a human being.

They're like dogs or children, simply inferior, and barely more conscious than rocks.

Let's face it, they're only wet holes and otherwise worthless
>>
>>7628466
>its a "Greg talking about his non-The Room related acting experiences chapter"
>>
>>7628470
i think this is satire.
>>
>>7628475
It's called the redpill, libcuck
>>
>>7628475
List the great female philosophers.
>>
>>7628483
Its just ignorant is what it is.
I'm as red-pilled as anyone, i acknowledge that women are more inclined to certain characteristics but much of it has to do with behavior like yours.
They're not all bad.
Its a cycle man.
You might have a daughter some day.
>>
>>7628489
as if women were allowed to be philosophers because of people like you...
>>
>>7628491
>Its just ignorant is what it is.
No. Men built Western civilization while women were worthless holes. That's a scientific fact
>I'm as red-pilled as anyone, i acknowledge that women are more inclined to certain characteristics but much of it has to do with behavior like yours.
It's not that they're different, it's that they're inherently inferior to someone like me
>They're not all bad.
They unequivocally are
>You might have a daughter some day.
I hope not. Girls these days will have taken upwards of 400 dicks before they exit high school

Face it, if you have a woman read anything to you, you're a beta cuckold liberal
>>
>>7628491
The chances of a shlub like that reproducing are pretty low.
>>
>>7628501
Jesus Christ.

What's it like living your life as a literal meme?
>>
>>7628502
LOL this better be a troll... (the irony is palpable)
>>7628501
if you honestly believe any of that without a doubt you are a certified retard.
that or you had a terrible childhood, which isnt women's fault its your shitty parents.
>>
>>7628512
my bad...
in:
>>7628502
i thoguth you meant me, not the shub
>>
>>7628508
>What's it like living your life as a literal meme?
Strong argument. Liberal logic, everyone
>>7628512
>if you honestly believe any of that without a doubt you are a certified retard.

See above. No arguments to the contrary.

>that or you had a terrible childhood, which isnt women's fault its your shitty parents.
It was my mom's fault, who is directly under the influence of feminism (which is destroying Western civilization)
>>
>>7628466
I listen to audio books as I deliver pizzas and it allows me to justify holding such an otherwise mediocre position. The narrator definitely has a significant responsibility as they can make a good book bad or vice versa.

Right now I am listening to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and although I'm not sure of the narrator's name, I find him captivating for the manner with which he adopts different tones for different characters.

I recommend that you listen to the audio book of a collection of Edgar Allan Poe's works. That has remained my favorite of the many I've listened to.
>>
>>7628520
loool all this projection on liberals and women
its like a cartoon or something...

>It was my mom's fault, who is directly under the influence of feminism (which is destroying Western civilization)

oh... sorry bro it might jsut be that you come from a shitty gene-line and the problem is equally you
>>
>>7628523
Strong argument, cuckold
>>
>>7628472
I actually really loved some of these, there were just too damn many.
>>
>>7628489
Anscombe is pretty cool.
>>
>>7628545
No she's not. In no way does she approach the level of any male philosopher
>>
>>7628520
>Strong argument. Liberal logic, everyone

I'm most likely more conservative than you are, you fucking retard. I'm just not a mouth-breathing mongoloid with mommy issues trying to pass himself off as an intellectual.

And I'm not going to debate you, I don't need to be validated and I don't want to feed your validation. You're like that fucking nigger who thinks the world is flat with his WE WUZ KINGZ bullshit. You don't want information, you want a narrative you can jerk it to. Why don't you read some Jack Donovan and kill yourself, you fucking faggot?
>>
>>7628498
>persecuted people cannot think
I am very much in favour of equality but I also know that women are far less willing to think past their biology and desires
>>
>>7628575
they're simply inferior
>>
>>7628521
Yeah you can't beat audio books in a wagecuck scenario if you can get away with it. If you do need hearing you can always just use one ear bud.

I found the male with a British accent orating the Queens Engrish is about as good as it gets even though David Attenborough makes me feel ill.
>>
File: pol.jpg (334KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
334KB, 900x900px
Well this thread is fucking ruined
>>
>>7628601
>wagecuck

Or just driving. I drive a shitload for my job, average about 30 hours a week. Audiobooks are the only thing that keeps me sane. Northern Alberta is empty, so empty.
>>
>>7628575
even if thats somewhat true, that doesnt necesarilly mean its 100% true and even then its impossible to say how much of that is truly their biology
>>
>>7628551
She was good enough for Wittgenstein. I'm more inclined to side with him than you.
>>
GJ 4chan, this board officially sucks ass
>>
>>7628601
Agreed. I found the man, my nigga, who has serenaded me innumerably by reading a variety of Poe's work: Basil Rathbone. I can stay a wagecuck for life if it means having that sonorous voice filling the car. Listen to him read the Raven or Cask of Amontillado and find yourself enamored as I have been for as long as I can remember.
>>
>>7629157
i once knew a dude who made a living "walking dogs" which is a nice way of saying he'd scoop up dog shit all day for rich brooklynites who couldn't be bothered with such base things....he never went to college but he was smart than most "elite" college homos u meet in the city, his secret was listening to audiobooks while he walking around waiting for turds to fall
>>
>>7628466
>female voices particularly are terrible.

I really prefer a woman's voice in audiobooks, especially if they sound attractive and not stupid. Something about having a man's voice so intimately in my head that isn't my own is uncomforting. Especially if there are woman characters because it is so odd to have those male narrators jump a few octaves for women characters especially if they are saying something romantic.

On the other hand, I can't imagine a woman reading a funny book well and I have enjoyed male narrators more intensively if less often. It is kind of like cooking, women are generally better at it but a few men are still the best in it. That is the way a lot of things are.

Also don't be so gay OP
>>
>>7629193
Sounds like a quality man. Delivering pizzas is based though and certainly easier than walking dogs, especially if you are in a suburban environment where the tips are heavy and the roads empty. It's unfortunate that of all the people I've worked with, only one other took advantage of the position by listening to audio books; most seem to inexplicably prefer pop songs on the radio. Sometimes I get a while to do some writing when the store isn't busy. Maybe one day I'll use my degree to get another job though.
>>
>>7629157
>Basil Rathbone
He's named after an herb.

>He posted a message on Facebook threatening to kill himself. I think he has been bullied online.
>>
>>7629209
You are mistaken my friend. Rathbone died long before the advent of Facebook.
>>
>>7629220
No I heard it on a TV show my dad is watching and decided to type it here. Isn't it a funny plot device?
>>
>>7629205
I don't like female voices because they're too high pitched. A woman with a deep voice might do a good narration, but I have yet to hear that.
>>
Possible stupid question, but

Wheres a good place to download audiobooks?
>>
>>7628470
There is nothing I love more than girls reading to me. My gf has a vaguely throaty voice, think Nathan For You but in a subtle and adorable way, and she reads me things and I like it
>>
>I detest women's voices in audiobooks because I vehemently despise women
>I prefer women's voices in audiobooks because listening to a dude's voice for so long is gay

I don't know what to say
>>
I like my audiobooks read by the author. Otherwise it comes off as kind of weird.
>>
File: 1445024602662.png (1MB, 625x721px) Image search: [Google]
1445024602662.png
1MB, 625x721px
>>7629662
>>
>>7628483
If you are a tumblrite, sure. As a point of generality, its hard to make anything but an "ugh, misogyny" argument against it. Why? Because people are generally terrible and women are people and men are generally the ones to distill what they see in life and build something better from the base components. This does not mean that most men aren't the subhuman garbage they are, just that the majority who aren't garbage are men.
inb4 fedora etc. Its a poisoned well and I'm making spaghetti with the water to defend satire.
>>
>>7628501
nowthisispodracing.etc
>>
>>7629691
Actors work well for books written in first person. If the actor could realistically be cast as that actor in a film, it perfect fits.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.