[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favourite book quote. Mine is: “Nothing in this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Crimeandpunishmentcover.png (435KB, 417x640px) Image search: [Google]
Crimeandpunishmentcover.png
435KB, 417x640px
What is your favourite book quote. Mine is:

“Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, nothing easier than flattery.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
from Crime and punishment.
>>
>>7592832

One of my favorites, something related from The Brothers Karamazov:
"Above all, don't lie to yourself. Tha man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love."
>>
"It's not so big. It's regular"

Toru Watanabe
Norwegian Wood
>>
We beat on, boats against the current, bourne back ceaselessly into the past

cliche I know
>>
>>7592832
>>>/reddit/
>>
"They couldn't dominate Death inside the hospital, but they certainly made her behave. They had taught her manners. They couldn't keep death out, but while she was in she had to act like a lady. People gave up the ghost with delicacy and taste inside the hospital."

from Catch-22.
>>
"Kekekekekekeke"

Finnegans wake. Truly sublime desu.
>>
It's a metaphor, see:You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing
>>
>>7592884

:^)
>>
>>7592832
>Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth
Everybody lies - G.H
>>
File: Lucifer3.jpg (421KB, 1030x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer3.jpg
421KB, 1030x1280px
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven" - Lucifer in Paradise Lost
>>
>>7593473
any reference to the greeks is GOAT
>>
>>7593587
That's true.
>>
>>7593672
Jej I just picked the most memey line and said something pretentious about it. What does this say about you?
>>
history is a nightmare from which i am trying to awake
>>
>Never touch your idols: the gilding will stick to your fingers.

-Flaubert, madame bovary
>>
>>7592909
you're on your own here
>>
>>7592884
i dont get the hate on Norwegian wood.. its a fun book, it's not a literary achievement, but it does well in what it's supposed to be.
>>
>>7594237
great choice
>>
I used to analyze myself down to the last thread, used to compare myself with others, recalled all the smallest glances, smiles and words of those to whom I’d tried to be frank, interpreted everything in a bad light, laughed viciously at my attempts ‘to be like the rest’ –and suddenly, in the midst of my laughing, I’d give way to sadness, fall into ludicrous despondency and once again start the whole process all over again – in short, I went round and round like a squirrel on a wheel.
>>
>>7595352
anxiety: the quote
>>
>>7595352
being self-conscious like that is narcissistic and makes you miserable, which is why all this buddhist "mindful" shit where you're supposed to be hyper conscious of every little thing you do is dumb as shit
>>
"What’s burning a city—-compared to tearing the lid off hell and letting men see it?"

Francisco d'Anconia, from Atlas Shrugged
>>
>>7592832
One that always stuck with me from C&P is "He is happiest who deceives himself best."
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.