[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm writing an essay analysis on this shitty book. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: 1984-Big-Brother.jpg (21KB, 180x257px) Image search: [Google]
1984-Big-Brother.jpg
21KB, 180x257px
I'm writing an essay analysis on this shitty book. It's due in 8 days, and I've only read 40 pages.

Please help me by telling me some points I can write about.

Thanks!
>>
>>7564593
Big Brother did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>7564593
penis in saggy vagina
>>
>>7564595
In the theme of essay-writing, please expand, with supporting evidence.
>>
>>7564603
Humans are degenerate scum and do not deserve nor know how to wield freedom.
>>
>>7564593
Winston was a bitch ass nigger who couldn't justify freedom because he was not as smart as O'Brien.
>>
Freedom is yet another illusion that is useful in wrangling the hopelessly ignorant masses into usefulness...basically it is a book that tells the Matrix story from the perspective of the Matrix ayyylmaos
>>
>>7564593
How old are you?

Get the fuck out of my board
>>
>>7564742
Old enough ;)
>>
>>7564711
>useful in wrangling the hopelessly ignorant masses into usefulness

I think that the intelligent of our society are only marginally more intelligent than the masses. Marginal compared to what kind of intelligence could exist in some other part of the universe. Just look at how much more intelligent we are compared to ants, now consider that there may be other life which is incomprehensibly more intelligent than us. How could anyone, knowing this, let their big fat fucking ego justify totalitarianism? Yes, some of these people are greatly smarter than the masses. No, that doesn't make them an infallible god. We need to stop venerating intelligence the way we currently do, it is completely fallacious to point to an intellectual and say he is right, we need to listen to them, and that they are infallible.
>>
>>7564757
playa, I like your point, but I thought the point of this thread was to make shit up for OP the huge faggot who only read 40 pages...
>>
>>7564771
Shit, son.
Has everyone been bullshitting me this entire thread?
>>
File: 1435191921543.png (513KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435191921543.png
513KB, 800x600px
>>7564757
It's not just about intelligence you cuck, it's about virtue, strength and determination.

Most """""""intellectuals"""""" are not only fucking stupid outside of whatever hyperspecific mumbo-jumbo they bought a diploma in, but also weakling faggot cucks that would be more at home chained as dogs grovelling in front of their masters than posturing as men.
>>
>>7564782
read the book or at least watch the movie you cunt
>>
>>7564771
>>7564782
Winston and Julia fight a successful revolution with O'Brien and they all live happily ever after.

>>7564785
I get you, but I when I use the word "intellectual" I am talking about the literal meaning, not the modern day college liberal intellectual.
>>
>>7564791
Nice try. I've read the blurb.
>>
>>7564791
>modern day college liberal intellectual
m8, I mean m8, fuck m8. Please dont call those faggots intellectuals

And OP, go fuck yourself. Its a good book, read it. Stop getting spoonfeded, just read something for once. After that you can at least say you have read one book in your life. Also it will really boost your knowledge about what actually happened in London pre WWI
>>
>>7564595
What the fuck are you talking about. Watch this faggot and then tell me how much you like big brother

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4310XOz4tc
>>
>>7564872
Well, from the boards I browse intellectual is in itself is an insult. So I have no trouble calling them intellectuals. Because on /pol/ you spend a lot of your time laughing at silly looking people who say silly things. Those are the self-professed intellectuals. So calling someone an intellectual can be an insult.
>>
>>7564888
>30 minutes

Jesus, I am an ignorant person, right? So why do you expect some ignorant fool to sit down and thoughtfully watch a 30 minute video? I am the one who needs it most, however I am an ignorant fool so I am not going to watch that video. Instead I'll squander my time distracting myself.
>>
>>7564890
>mfw
Why do I feel what you said maked Idiocracy happen even sooner
>>
>>7564593
OP confirmed faggot trying to seem cool by hating 1984
>>
>>7564907
I'm just explaining the thought process behind why intellectual is an insult on /pol/. You know, I don't think it had any effect on the current genetic situation of the US.
>>
>>7564922
>>7564872
>>7564890
Not even talking about modern day intellectuals. The """""intellectual""""" sphere has been full of impotent effete faggots ever since ca. the 18th century.
>>
File: 1984.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1984.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
The world is an Orwellian nightmare

1984 is borderline prophecy
>>
>>7564903
Probably for the best. I almost regret watching it to be honest
>>
Brave New World is better
>>
>>7564937
Some people are born with shitty inadequate genes, I think they are more likely to gravitate towards intellectualism. They had this in Brave New World with Bernard Marx. There can be comparisons between him and his friend Helmholtz. Helmholtz was a true alpha but his intelligence disassociated himself from his society. Bernard was intelligent but he was already disassociated with his society. What does all this mean? I don't know, intelligence is intelligence, it doesn't matter if you look like a meathead or a cuck dork.
>>
>>7564593
Why does Big Brother have a Hitler mustache?
>>
>>7564971
>I don't know, intelligence is intelligence, it doesn't matter if you look like a meathead or a cuck dork.
A cuck dork thinks like a cuck dork, the problem is that ever since the 17th/18th century, thinking, acting and understanding the world like a cuck dork has become the norm.
>>
>>7564957
No, now I am going to watch it.
>>
>>7564940
That and Brave new World
Today I would even add "Idiocracy"
Its horrible
>>
>>7564940
It is prophecy.
>>
>>7564981
True. I noticed that when I started to get bigger from lifting my confidence just boosted up. But you can still be a confidant adult male and be intelligent, and want to consider yourself an intellectual in the literal sense of the word. It's as simple as a person taking an interest in philosophy and he is there.
>>
>>7565005
I don't disagree with you there. However, my point was either way that to have a functional, aristocratic order one would need further criteria beyond "intellectualism".
>>
>>7564986
Well if you do let me know what you think. And sorry I called you a faggot anon I was just high off the rage of watching that video
>>
>>7565012
That wasn't me. That guy will remain of the uninitiated while we can know things that others don't know.
>>
>>7565016
K well I'm not sure who's who lol but I hope you guys watch it
>>
File: Capture.png (26KB, 466x94px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26KB, 466x94px
>>7565039
>I hope you guys watch it

Oh it is. I have it open in another tab. Going to watch it later tonight. Do you want to see? Do you want me to prove it. Fine. See? It is open, ready for viewing, later tonight. Open in a new tab. Do you believe me? You got to believe me.
>>
>>7565058
Damn bro chill lol do what you will
>>
>>7565070
>do what you will

Do you know how little sense that makes. Do what you will? Is there some fucking way to not do what I will do?

words words words!
>>
>>7565012
whats it about?
>>
>>7565083
It's about an artificial intelligence program called Jade that processes our information...there's more but I don't want to spoil it in case you want to watch it, but if you don't want to I'll do my best to sum it up...If I was you I'd watch it though, it's fucking intense
>>
>>7565058
>>7565083
Do not waste your time watching this shitty conspiracy theory.
>>
>>7565117
Fuck off how can you judge something you've never watched?
>>
>>7565117
Jade Helm was an inside job
>>
>>7565126
Based on the all caps titles as well as the other videos published by this channel. Have any links on this topic that aren't in the form of a sensationalized video?
>>
>>7565144
Yeah I knew that would be a problem. Ii hate how these faggots do that. They literally have something so crazy that it needs no sensationalizing and they fuck it up. Honestly it's a great vid though. If you want a different video though just search Jade Helm on youtube
>>
>>7564593
I'm right in the middle of reading this book. I'm doing it for pleasure not school though. Dunno how your not enjoying it.
>>
>>7565198
>Can't finish 1984 in one sitting
>Can't imagine why someone wouldn't like it
Makes sense to me
>>
>>7565204
>cant finish 1984 in one sitting
Oh, Im sorry. Would you like to read a 34 page book with a lot of images then, son?
>>
File: 1449971063990.jpg (391KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1449971063990.jpg
391KB, 700x700px
>>7565204
So your saying that a book a college kid can't finish in one sitting of reading isn't gonna be given a fair shake? Lel I weep for humanity's future.
>>
I dislike the fact that people are actually engaging with this text sincerely like it's worth anyones time. Can we just talk about why Orwell was retarded and deconstructing it that way is the only fruitful thing to do, and only because people still talk about this shit?
>>
1984 should be treated like naruto was on /a/.
>>
>>7565289
>>7565275

Too many Americans on /lit/ for that to happen
>>
I think 1984 also underlines the importance of revisionism in historical context. Its definitely an undergoing theme throughout the novel.
>>
>>7565275
How do you not see the parallels between this book and many modern governments? Are you blind, stupid, or just naive
>>
>>7564593
totalitarianism is bad n shit lol
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.